11 Imperial Court - Falmouth, South Cornwall, England - Sleeps 4
11 Imperial Court is an elegant Four Star holiday apartment that is a favourite with couples and families. It is in a peaceful location set back from the main road yet just a few minutes’ walk to Falmouth town centre, train station, bus stop, and great bars and restaurants like 5 Degrees West and Rick Stein’s. Not only are key Falmouth attractions like the National Maritime Museum, RNLI Station, and Castle Beach virtually on the doorstep, staying in Falmouth makes it simple to access the rest of Cornwall’s beautiful beaches and countryside even if you don’t have a car.
Falmouth is one of those British towns that wears its past well. Falmouth’s harbour, which is the third largest natural deep-water harbour in the world, has led to a long history of naval importance. Henry VIII built Pendennis Castle in 1540, it was a target for the Spanish Armada, played a major role in the Civil War, and was the first place the news of Nelson’s death reached British soil. You can learn all about these and many more events in Falmouth’s history at the National Maritime Museum, though just walking around Falmouth Docks and down the High Street, which is one of the oldest in Falmouth, will give you a rich sense of the past.
One of the prime reasons visitors flock to Cornwall every year is for the magnitude of fantastic beaches. There are four beaches within a short distance of 11 Imperial Court. Castle Beach is popular with children for its rock pools and is less than five minutes away on foot, while Gyllyngvase, Swanpool and Maenporth beaches are also nearby. There is a regular ferry service to St Mawes, and with the Lizard Peninsula and Penzance an easy drive away, the entire beauty of the Cornish Coast is within reach.
Cornwall’s warm climate is not only perfect for being outdoors. Warm sunny weather means you can see a wide variety of plants here that would not survive outside of a glasshouse in other parts of the UK. Parks and gardens to add to your “must visit” list include Gyllyngdune Gardens, Fox Rosehill Gardens, Queen Mary Gardens, Kimberly Park, Potager Garden, and Trebah Garden and beach. The Lost Gardens of St Heligan and the Eden Project are both near St Austell, which just less than an hour’s drive from the apartment.
Cornwall is not only a summer holiday destination; it offers visitors an excellent holiday all year round and staying at 11 Imperial Court is a comfortable and convenient way to make the most of your visit.
- Internet Access
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Beach Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- Kingsize Bed
11 Imperial Court Continued
The apartment is in what was the Old Tax Office and is part of the Falmouth Conservation Area. It has been skillfully converted to provide light, spacious and modern accommodation for up to four guests in two bedrooms. It is stylishly decorated and comfortably furnished to a high standard. Double glazing and gas central heating ensure it is warm all year round.
- A spacious living/dining room with plenty of comfortable seating, including two plush armchairs beside a large bay window. The living area has a flat screen television with satellite channels and a DVD player. The owner has thoughtfully provided a selection of local information, books and games for relaxed family fun.
- The dining area has a wooden table and seating for four.
- A fitted kitchen is equipped with everything you need to self-cater with ease, including a full sized oven and hob, fridge-freezer, dishwasher, washer/dryer, kettle, toaster, all crockery and cutlery for four, and cooking utensils.
- The master bedroom has French windows which open onto a small balcony overlooking the gardens. It features a king-sized bed, bedside tables with reading lights, and a chest of drawers for storage.
- The ensuite leading off the master bedroom has a corner shower, hand basin, WC and heated towel rail.
- The second bedroom has two full-sized twin beds and is decorated in white with fresh green accents. There is ample storage and a large window.
- The family shower room has a double sized power shower, hand basin, heated towel rail and WC.
Outside: There is off-street parking for one car. Guests are welcome to use the peaceful communal gardens.
Additional information: WiFi is available throughout the property. Linen, towels (not beach towels) a utilities are included in the price. Short breaks may be possible out of season depending on availability. The apartment is on the second floor and the building has a small elevator. No pets. No smoking.
Low Season from £380
Mid Season from £495
High Season from £665
Peak Season £950
Star Rating: 4 Star
Changeover Day: Friday
Paypal, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 4 people in 2 bedrooms (1 King, 1 Twin)
Owner: Ann Doidge, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
11 Imperial Court joined Independent Cottages in May 2017
Owner's Other Properties
Last minute offer for remaining two weeks in August reduced by £100.
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 22nd August 2017