Castell Holiday Cottages - Gwynant - Caerphilly, Nr Cardiff & Newport, Caerphilly, Wales - Sleeps 5
Gwynant is one of Castell Cottages holiday homes that sleeps five guests in two bedrooms and sits just four hundred metres from Caerphilly Castle, one of Europe's largest and most spectacular medieval castles.
Perfect for families, friends and couples, Gwynant has a good range of amenities within walking distance including a Morrisons supermarket, pubs and the Castle Shopping Centre.
An excellent base for exploring the whole of South Wales, Gwynant is just over seven miles from the bustling city centre of Cardiff and twelve miles from the cathedral and university city of Newport. For those travelling by car, the M4 motorway (junction 32) is just ten minutes away providing easy access for exploring South Wales. Caerphilly also offers easy rail connection to and from Cardiff with regular trains taking less than twenty minutes for those looking for a night out in the city or attending an event at Cardiff Principality Stadium (taxis are also affordable for late night returns!).
Cardiff and the surrounding area has lots to offer those who enjoy theatre, films, sports, opera and night life. The area has an abundance of attractions with particular favourites being the romantic 'fairy tale' castle of Castell Coch; St Fagans National Museum of History; White Water Rafting in Cardiff's International Sports Centre; and Techniquest Cardiff, a favourite for younger ones (and older ones!) interested in science imaging. The area also offers good opportunities for golf, climbing and horse riding.
For those who want to explore the wider area, the Brecon Beacons National Park, beaches of Barry (home to Gavin and Stacey), Swansea, the stunning peninsular of Gower and the seaside town of Porthcawl are all within a forty five to seventy five minute drive.
Ask the owner about Country/City two location stays for five people enjoying the Brecon Beacons National Park and Cardiff
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Golf Nearby
- Washing Machine
- Horse Riding Nearby
- Accessible via Public Transport
Castell Holiday Cottages - Gwynant Continued
- Hallway with cloak room leading off, and cupboard under the stairs where the washing machine is housed.
- Open-plan living divided into two distinct areas with lounge that has comfy leather sofas, widescreen television, DVD player, Bluetooth Soundbar and large windows that let the light flood in. The dining area has a granite topped table which seats six guests.
- Well equipped modern kitchen with integrated dishwasher, fridge and freezer, as well as a hob, oven and microwave. A door takes you from the kitchen out into the private garden which is a nice sun-trap with garden furniture and BBQ.
- Super-king size bedroom with en-suite bathroom including an over bath shower, WC and wash basin. A built-in wardrobe provides plenty of clothes storage.
- Family bedroom with both a double and single bed sleeping three. This room also has an en-suite with shower, WC and wash basin.
Additional information: WiFi internet access is complementary and fast. High chair and travel cot available. Bed linen, towels, electricity, heating and welcome pack included. Unfortunately no pets (except guide dogs) and no smoking. Short breaks available (£250-£500).
The owners of Castell Holiday Cottages also own Merlin Cottages (see separate advert) which has been listed with Independent Cottages since February 2011.
Low Season from £500
Peak Season £1000
Star Rating: 3 Star
Changeover Day: Flexible
Paypal, Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 5 people in 2 bedrooms (1 en-suite super-king & 1 en-suite twin with extra single)
Owner: David & Wendy Simons, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Castell Holiday Cottages - Gwynant joined Independent Cottages in May 2017
Owner's Other Properties
Last Minute / Late Availability Offers
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 13th August 2017