The Bothy (cottage) - Foscote, Buckingham, Buckinghamshire, England - Sleeps 4
The Bothy is located on a working farm close to Buckingham and is positioned within beautiful farmland, adjacent to Hyde Lane Lakes where fishing is available to members of the Buckingham and District Angling Association. The local area is steeped in history and rich in English heritage with a charming mix of rural beauty and bustling market towns.
Located in a good central position, the 'city' life of Milton Keynes is close by and London is only a short train journey away. The market town of Buckingham with its shops, restaurants and pubs is also nearby and within a two to three mile walk from The Bothy.
The Bothy is located within the owners extensive grounds and has recently been converted to provide charming single storey holiday accommodation for up to four guests. This is an ideal rural location for a relaxing break and also a good base for exploring the areas may attractions including:
- The old market town of Buckingham with monthly farmers market, weekly street markets (held on a Saturday and Tuesday), plenty of eating establishments, shops, tourist information, sports centre and swimming pool.
- Old Gaol Museum in Buckingham where you can learn about the local history and rural life.
- The village of Thornborough where you can enjoy a four and a half mile marked walk.
- National Trust properties including Hughenden Manor, Waddesdon Manor, Stowe, Woburn Abbey and Claydon House.
- Xscape Ski Dome in central Milton Keynes - Europe's largest indoor skiing complex.
- Silverstone Motor Racing Circuit.
- For World War II enthusiasts, the famous Bletchley Park museum, home to the Enigma machine.
- The Cotswold's with its pretty villages and historic towns, Warwick Castle, Oxford and Stratford upon Avon are too within driving distance.
For those who want to explore the local area by foot, there are nice walks starting from the doorstep; there is fishing available at the bottom of the paddock; golf is available within a thirty minute drive and for those who enjoy horse riding, the owners can offer stabling.
- Internet Access
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Horse Riding Nearby
The Bothy (cottage) Continued
- One double bedroom.
- One twin bedroom.
- Bathroom offering bath with shower over, WC and wash basin.
- Spacious living room with kitchen/dining area. Utilities include dishwasher, cooker, fridge, microwave and washing machine
Outdoors: There is a private garden area with patio furniture and ample parking.
Additional information: Short breaks available at short notice. No Smoking. No Pets. Car essential. Linen and towels provided. Welcome pack provided. Stabling available. Late cancellation policy available upon request.
Low Season from £425
Mid Season from £445
High Season from £495
Peak Season £495
Changeover Day: Flexible
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 4 people in 2 bedrooms (1 Double, 1 Twin)
Owner: Marie Gurney, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
The Bothy (cottage) joined Independent Cottages in Nov 2010
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 21st July 2017
Approximate Location of The Bothy (cottage)
The owner has requested that the exact location not be shown, please contact the owner for the precise location of The Bothy (cottage)