Merlin Cottages - Llandovery, Carmarthenshire, The Brecon Beacons, Wales - Sleeps 2-20Group bookings available: This property is one of 3 properties which, when rented together, can accommodate up to 20 guests
Merlin Cottages are located in a peaceful rural position in the heart of Carmarthenshire – the Garden of Wales. Great scenery stretches across Carmarthenshire from it’s beaches in the West, to the Black Mountain range in the Brecon Beacon National Park in the East. The cottages are located next to a working livestock farm at the Western edge of the Brecon Beacon National Park and have gained the Visit Wales Walkers Award.
Garden Building: The cottages have a large shared garden building with a common room, laundry room and utility room:
- The common room has a slate bed snooker/pool table which has a cover for table tennis or larger group gatherings. There is conservatory furniture to help enjoy the most breathtaking views of the National Park.
- The laundry room has a washing machine, tumble dryer and WC.
- The utility room has a large freezer, ironing facilities and is a good place to store walking gear.
On the Doorstep: The Crychan Forest has miles of tranquil cycling and walking trails. It is a haven for wildlife with a rich diversity of mammals, birds and insects including red kites, sparrowhawks, goshawks, buzzards, nightjar, peregrine falcon, gold crest, willow warblers and siskin to name just a few.
Under an Hour: The ancient market town of Llandovery is four miles and has a post office, taxi service, railway station, supermarket, take-aways, restaurants, pubs and indoor swimming pool. There are the National Botanic Gardens; Aberglasney Gardens; Llyn Brianne with a stunning lake and walks; Dinefwr Park and Carreg Cennen Castle. Family attractions include the National Showcaves, Red Kite Feeding Station and National Trust Dolaucothi Gold Mines.
Central Location: One of the great advantages is the open roads giving access to most of South and West Wales in just over the hour with great beaches and theme parks.
Ask the owner about Country/City two location stays for five people enjoying the Brecon Beacons National Park and Cardiff
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Garden/Outside Area
- Games Room
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
Merlin Cottages Continued
Merlin House sleeps nine guests (eight adults and one child) and comprises:
- Well equipped kitchen with dishwasher, washing machine, oven (electric), slow cooker, microwave, steamer and fridge.
- Dining area with large table that provides plenty of space for nine guests, stereo and stone semi-circular fireplace that you can walk into with bread oven.
- Cosy sitting room with comfy seating, flatscreen television, DVD/CD players and a featured stone fireplace with wood burning stove for great nights in. A door leads into...
- Ground floor shower-room and WC (which can also be accessed from the ground floor bedroom, but there is a lock on the door).
- Downstairs bedroom with king size bed and en-suite shower room (suitable for those with limited mobility).
- Bedroom two with double bed.
- Bedroom three which is a large bedroom with double bed and en-suite bathroom with a bath, wash basin and WC.
- Bedroom four with twin beds (One 2'6" for child).
- Bedroom five with a single bed.
- First floor family bathroom containing a bath with a shower over, wash basin and WC.
Merlin Barn sleeps six guests comprising:
- Well equipped kitchen with an electric oven, microwave and integrated fridge and dishwasher.
- Dining area with comfortable seating for six guests around the long dining table with a Hi-Fi with DAB radio.
- Cosy sitting room with sofas for six, flat screen television with Freeview, along with DVD and CD players. There is a log burner for cosy chilly nights and French doors lead out to the terrace with garden furniture for the warmer months.
- Bedroom one with double bed.
- Bedroom two with double bed and en-suite bathroom with a bath, shower, wash basin and WC.
- Bedroom three with twin beds.
- Family bathroom with bath, shower, wash basin and WC.
- Downstairs utility room with sink unit, heated towel rail and WC.
High Barn sleeps five guests comprising:
- Hallway with flagstone floor leading down to...
- Two double bedrooms, each with full en-suite bath with shower over, WC, washbasin and heated towel rail.
- Single bedroom.
- Bathroom with large shower, WC, washbasin and heated towel rail.
- Open plan living room. The kitchen area has a cooker, microwave and integrated fridge and dishwasher. The sitting area has comfortable seating for six, flat screen television with Freeview, DVD and CD player, log burner for chilly nights and a dining table with six chairs.
Additional information: Internet access. Cottages are 4 Star rated. High chair and travel cot available. ASDA provide grocery home delivery service. Gas, electricity, linen, towels, welcome pack and VAT included. Sorry no hen/stag parties. Unfortunately no pets (except guide dogs) and no smoking. Hot tub hire can be arranged as an extra.
Group bookings: All three holiday cottages can be rented together for large parties of up to twenty guests - please enquire with the owner.
Low Season from £315
Mid Season from £525
High Season from £825
Peak Season £2400
Star Rating: 4 Star
Changeover Day: Flexible
Paypal, Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 2-20 people in 11 bedrooms (7 Doubles, 2 Twins & 2 Singles)
Group booking details:
Please note: Merlin Cottages sleeps 2-20 people. The owner has 3 properties which, when booked together, can accommodate up to 20 guests. Dining capacity: 0.
Contact owner for group prices
All male groups: No
All female groups: No
Catering Available: No
Owner: David & Wendy Simons, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Merlin Cottages joined Independent Cottages in Feb 2011
Owner's Other Properties
Promo code IND at www.merlincottages.com 5% off std tariff