Glaslyn House - Penorth, Nr Brecon, Powys, The Brecon Beacons, Wales - Sleeps 12
Located five hundred yards outside the pretty village of Pennorth, five miles east of Brecon, Glaslyn House is an architecturally designed holiday home which can accommodate parties of up to twelve guests in six bedrooms.
Glaslyn House has been awarded 4 stars and is furnished in a contemporary style to provide all the comforts required for a relaxing holiday. Its style is unique within the area and its position affords fantastic panoramic views that span across three compass points. The beautiful Black Mountains, the lush Usk Valley and the Brecon Beacons - all providing wonderful views from Glaslyn House.
Situated within its own grounds, in an entirely peaceful and private position, Glaslyn House is perfect for large family gatherings or a reunion of friends. This is a wonderful part of Wales, with a beautiful landscape, traditional market towns, castles, canal paths and plenty of attractions for all ages to enjoy.
The breathtaking scenery is incredibly diverse with rolling countryside, wide open spaces, waterfalls and caves - whether you want to explore it by foot, bike or car, you are sure to appreciate its natural beauty.
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
Glaslyn House Continued
Glaslyn House has six bedrooms, with lovely views of the surrounding countryside and gardens.
- Spacious open-plan sitting room with dining area (including table/chairs for twelve), comfy sofas, television and DVD/CD player. Off this room is...
- Sun lounge which affords fantastic views over the beautiful Usk Valley.
- Well equipped kitchen with views out over the surrounding farmland and everything needed to self-cater including a range cooker, dishwasher, fridge/freezer,microwave, plenty of cupboard space for storage, along with an extra fridge.
- En-suite master bedroom offering flexible sleeping with zip and link beds that can be made up as a super-king or two singles by arrangement. There is a television, DVD player and sofa bed accommodating an extra two guests if needed, plus the en-suite shower room with WC and wash basin.
- Twin bedroom with two single beds.
- Bunk bed room with two standard size bunk beds.
- Utility room with a washer/dryer for those who need to freshen up clothes whilst away.
- Additional drying room which is ideal for outdoor gear.
First floor: (there are a further three bedrooms on the first floor)
- King-size bedroom.
- Double bedroom.
- Flexible room with zip and link beds that can be made up as two singles or a super-king.
- All rooms have ample wardrobe and storage space.
- Bathroom with a deep bath for a long soak at the end of the day, power shower, WC and wash basin.
Outside: There is a secure shed where bikes can safely be stored, along with a stand for cycles, tools and hose for washing off muddy bikes. Bursting with colour during the warmer months, the gardens surround the property and provide a pleasant place to relax, play games and enjoy outside dining whilst soaking up the peace and quiet (the main garden area is enclosed).
Additional information: Prices include heating, bed linen, electricity and towels. Pets are welcome to stay. Short breaks available (charged at £670 for two to three nights).
Low Season from £800
High Season from £1150
Star Rating: 4 Star
Pets: Yes, 1 dog
Changeover Day: Friday
Please enquire with owner
Sleeps 12 people in 6 bedrooms (1 King, 2 Super kings/Twins; 1 Double; 1 Bunk bed room & 1 Twin)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Please enquire with owner
Catering Available: No
Owner: Helen & Andrew Roderick, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Glaslyn House joined Independent Cottages in March 2010