Tigh Ban Lek Cottage - Arduaine, Oban, Argyll and Bute, Scotland - Sleeps 5+2
Tigh Ban Lek is a very comfortable cottage sleeping families and groups of up to seven. Set back from a private road in lush mature gardens, it offers a high standard of comfort which makes it hard to believe it is virtually off the grid.
If your ideal holiday involves nothing more than eating delicious food and drinking in stunning views, you’ll be perfectly happy at Tigh Ban Lek. On the other hand, if you love walking, fishing, cycling, sailing and exploring, you’ll easily be able to fill your days with fun! The cottage’s location between Lochgilphead and Oban puts the best of the west coast of Scotland within easy reach.
A two-minute drive brings you to Arduaine Garden. Managed by the National Trust for Scotland, it is a lush oasis with an enviable collection of plants which thrive in the unique climate. The rhododendrons are particularly impressive, as is the collection of tree ferns and palms which love the mild conditions brought by the North Atlantic Drift.
Craobh Haven is a two mile drive (or one and a half mile walk) south of Tigh Ban Lek. This lovely village is popular for its abundant bird and wildlife population. It is also a good place for watersports like sailing and sea kayaking, and there are many walking and cycling trails nearby.
Oban is a 30-minute drive north of the cottage, past breathtaking coastal views. There is a good range of shops and cafes where you can stock up on provisions for the cottage and enjoy the warm Scottish hospitality. While there, you can also visit the Scottish SEALife Sanctuary, take a tour of Dunstaffnage Castle or Dunollie Castle and Museum, stop by the War and Peace Museum, and enjoy a dram at the Oban Distillery.
If you want to take a day trip to the islands off the coast of Argyll and Bute, Oban is the place to go. Ferry companies provide a regular service to Kerrera, Lismore, Mull and Iona. Sealife Adventures runs boat trips with the opportunity to see whales and dolphins from nearby Clachan Seil. Kilmartin and Knapdale Forest are also within reach for day trips.
- Internet Access
- Beach Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
Tigh Ban Lek Cottage Continued
The upside-down layout of Tigh Ban Lek makes the most of the incredible views.
- Entry via a terraced porch into a hallway off which leads two bedrooms, both having sliding glass doors that make the most of the views and allow direct access to the gardens.
- A master bedroom furnished with a double bed and lots of storage. It has an ensuite bathroom with Jacuzzi bath and shower heads for luxuriating in after a busy day exploring. The bathroom also has underfloor heating, hand basin and WC.
- A second bedroom with twin beds which can be zipped together to make a king-sized bed if you prefer, plus a seat which folds out into a single bed if required. It has an ensuite shower room with power shower, hand basin, WC and underfloor heating.
- A separated downstairs room houses another WC and handbasin, and a washer/dryer for guests to use.
- Walking up the stairs leads you into a spacious open plan living and dining area furnished with comfortable leather sofas, a flat screen television with DVD player, oak dining table and chairs for six people, stereo with iPod connectivity, and a working gas stove fireplace for that added cosy feel. A selection of games and books are provided. The three-seater sofa turns into a full-sized double sofa bed to accommodate up to two extra adults. The balcony can be accessed from the living room.
- The fitted kitchen is very well equipped with an electric oven and gas hob, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, microwave, crockery, cutlery, and cooking utensils. The owners have thoughtfully provided children’s crockery and plastic items for use outside. There are patio doors beside the kitchen opening out to the rear garden. Large windows around the room make it feel very light and allow you to easily enjoy the surrounding scenery.
- Large mature gardens (not enclosed) are set over several levels, with the upper terrace being the closest to the house. Garden furniture is provided. Guests are welcome to pick fruit and herbs from the garden when they are in season.
- Private off-road parking and turning.
Additional information: There is WiFi throughout the property. A travel cot and high chair are available if required. Towels, bedding, and basic cleaning and bathroom items are included in the price. No smoking. Only registered guide dogs and assistance dogs allowed. Electric heaters are in all main areas, including bedrooms. Short breaks are available depending on availability. A single fold-up bed can be put in either of the downstairs bedrooms accommodating up to seven guests (plus an infant).
Low Season from £295
Mid Season from £495
High Season from £685
Peak Season £735
Changeover Day: Flexible
Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 5+2 people in 2 bedrooms (1 Twin/King, 1 Double, 1 Sofa Bed + Fold-up Single Bed)
Owner: Gillian & Neil MacNicol, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Tigh Ban Lek Cottage joined Independent Cottages in April 2017
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 15th August 2017