Ceo Na Mara - Kilmelford, Nr Oban, Argyll and Bute, Scotland - Sleeps 6
Ceò Na Mara sleeps six guests and is a welcoming self-catering cottage ideally placed in the scenic Scottish village of Kilmelford, in Argyll. Perfect as a touring base to discover the areas many attractions or to simply relax, the cottage nestles amongst spectacular scenery and sits close to Loch na Cille, a picturesque bay frequently visited by sail boats within Loch Melfort.
Kilmelford is a small village sitting on Scotland's West Coast, fourteen miles from Oban, the 'Gateway to the Scottish Isles'. A popular sailing fraternity, the village is surrounded by beautiful scenery and has a village store that is well stocked (home to Quaich Café) and a coaching inn. There are fantastic walking opportunities amongst spectacular countryside straight from Kilmelford and the area offers excellent opportunities for fishing.
- The cottage is only a short drive to Dalavich/Kilcrennan which sits alongside picturesque Loch Avich; the Degnish peninsular; Campbeltown (famed for its production of malt whisky) and the world famous Mull of Kintyre.
- Visit Kilmartin Glen and discover this pre-historic area with numerous ancient monuments, standing stones and burial mounds.
- Explore the Crinan Canal with its brigh pretty houses that would rival those on the Isle of Mull.
- Numerous castles.
- Arduaine Gardens with its splendid award winning flower displays.
- Bustling Oban and take a ferry trip to the famous Scottish Islands of Iona, Mull or Tiree or visit the Oban Distillery and the Oban Sealife Centre a little further away.
- Take a leisurely drive to Fort William whilst visiting Castle Stalker along the way to break up the journey or Inverary with its interactive Jail.
- Internet Access
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Horse Riding Nearby
Ceo Na Mara Continued
Ceò Na Mara is a spacious self-catering cottage providing modern faciliites, furnished and equipped with a strong emphasis on relaxation.
- Large living/dining room with comfortable sofas to relax on whilst watching television and dining table which seats six guests. Opening out onto..
- Spacious conservatory that leads out to the back garden with garden furniture.
- Fully fitted and well equipped kitchen.
- Utility room
- Additional sitting room (with PC access to internet via broadband and stereo system).
- Two twin bedrooms
- Master bedroom with en-suite shower.
Outside: The cottage has a big enclosed garden that is ideal for children to play. A driveway runs up the side of the cottage accommodating two to three cars.
Additional information: Prices include bedlinen and towels. Electricity is charged at cost.
Low Season from £375
Mid Season from £599
High Season from £850
Peak Season £850
Pets: Yes, 1 dog
Changeover Day: Saturday
Paypal, Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 6 people in 3 bedrooms (1 Double, 2 Twins)
Owner: Val Wardle, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Ceo Na Mara joined Independent Cottages in Nov 2007
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 28th April 2017