Dolly's Cottage - Self catering holiday cottage in Dentdale, Cumbria, Yorkshire, The Yorkshire Dales, England - Sleeps 6
When you visit Dentdale you will find yourself emerged in stunning scenery, natural beauty, deep heritage and the culture of a Dales community that has over many years attracted painters, poets and musicians. Dentdale provides the perfect place to escape the pressures of everyday life but is also ideally situated within the Yorkshire Dales, on the edge of Cumbria, allowing easy access for exploring not only the Dales, but also Cumbria and its many attractions including the Lake District (approximately fifteen miles away).
Here you can relax and unwind amongst breath taking scenery, spend your days strolling through lush riverside pastures and beautiful meadows, or exploring the towns and hills in the nearby Dales and Lakes - every day escaping the crowds to return back to your own little corner of peace and tranquillity.
There are plenty of outdoor activities to enjoy in the area. Walking in Dentdale provides the opportunity to explore the local area and see the best of the beautiful countryside, which is rich in wildlife, flora and fauna. There are numerous footpaths to explore where you can follow the Heritage Trail through the beautiful wooded gully of Flintergill or enjoy a more leisurely stroll along the River Dee. Dentdale is also a good base for those who enjoy cycling with both on and off-road routes to cater for all energy levels. The Pennine and Yorkshire Dales Cycleways both pass through Dentdale and the quiet country lanes are ideal for a more relaxing ride.
The Settle-Carlisle Railway also passes through Dentdale and is one of the most wonderful railway journeys in the world, stopping at Dent Station which is Englands highest mainline station. You can take a train to Carlisle or Leeds for a great day out and and sit back and enjoy the spectacular views of the Yorkshire Dales and Pennines on your way.
Dent Village has a Heritage Centre which reveals the working lives of the dale's people since 16th Century and the Meditation Centre provides an ideal place for quiet contemplation. Three pubs and two cafes also provide places to enjoy a meal or refreshment.
With wonderful walking, spectacular scenery and so many places within easy each both within the Yorkshire Dales and Cumbria, you are sure to want to return time and time again to this peaceful paradise.
- Log Burner
- Near Pub/Restaurant
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Bike Storage
- Internet Access
- Golf Facilities Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Accessible via Public Transport
Dolly's Cottage is a spacious beautifully presented holiday cottage in an excellent location in the cobbled centre of Dent. Centrally located, it benefits from having private parking, gardens both to the front and rear and an elevated patio area with an outdoor dining area (to the rear) where you can enjoy superb views across to Rise Hill.
- Entrance hall.
- Large dining kitchen incorporating Rayburn cooker, microwave, fridge freezer, electric cooker, dishwasher, toaster, ironing facility and dining table seating up to six guests with oak dining chairs and a refitted church pew. There is also a walk-in pantry with washing machine and a television in the kitchen area for guests enjoyment.
- Lounge which enjoys uninterrupted views across the rear garden to Rise Hill. This room has a large three piece suite, stone fireplace incorporating a wood burning stove (to compliment central heating system), large flat screen television with Bose sound system (inc iPod socket) and CD player. There is also SKY sports and Wi-Fi connection.
- Downstairs WC and wash hand basin.
- Upstairs there are three bedrooms on two short landings.
- Spacious master bedroom which enjoys the view across the rear garden and has a king size bed with extensive hand built oak wardrobes and bed side tables together with an oversize bath - a bath with a view!
- Separate shower room with walk in shower, WC and wash hand basin on the landing.
- Bedroom two with double room with its own walk in shower room and wash hand basin.
- Bedroom three is a single room with a 4ft double bed.
- There is a pull out bed for an occasional extra guest.
Additional information: Linen and towels are provided and heating and electricity are also included within the price with the price as is a generous fuel allowance for the woodburning stove. Private parking for one car with parking for an additional car on the village car park, permit provided. Bicycle storage. one pet permitted but must be kept to the kitchen and lounge areas only). No Smoking. Weekend bookings accepted November to March. Cot available - please bring bedding for cot.
Low Season from £449
Mid Season from £625
High Season from £689
Peak Season £789
Changeover Day: Saturday
Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 6 people in 3 bedrooms (1 King, 1 Double, 1 Single with 4ft double + pull out bed)
Owner: Managed By Peter Rushton click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Dolly's Cottage joined Independent Cottages in April 2010
Last Minute / Late Availability OffersSat, 1 Jun 2013 for 7 nights - £527
Sat, 8 Jun 2013 for 7 nights - £529
Owner's Other Cottages
Approximate Location of Dolly's Cottage
Reviews and Testimonials for Dolly's Cottage
Just to say many thanks for our stay at your cottage. Having stayed at many holiday cottages in the UK, I have to say that Dollyís Cottage is the most comfortable and best equipped/furnished cottage we have ever stayed at. The views from the cottage are also fantastic. You have set a high standard that I think very few others will attempt to achieve.
I hope to do it again sometime.