The Ling Lodges - Nr Stratford-Upon-Avon, Warwickshire, England - Sleeps 10
The Ling Lodges are ideal for large groups of friends or family who want to holiday together or celebrate a special occasion. Sleep up to ten guests simply by opening the interconnecting door and two lodges become one!
Located in the grounds of a gorgeous country house in a small hamlet, the lodges are half way between the popular towns of Stratford-upon-Avon and Henley in Arden (just three miles from each).
The Ling Lodges are ideally situated within a Parkland type setting behind Electric Gates affording a private position in the midst of wonderful countryside. Guests can enjoy sole and private use of the large heated indoor swimming pool. You share the Pool with no-one else. There are patio doors overlooking the enclosed and secluded back gardens where you can sit on a sunny day and enjoy a drink or BBQ. Having a private heated indoor swimming pool means that there is always something to do, whatever the weather!
The Ling Lodges are in a lovely hamlet which is ideally positioned within easy reach of a whole host of attractions and places of interest. Not only are they just a short drive from Stratford-upon-Avon and Henley in Arden, they are also close to Warwick with its impressive castle; the beautiful Cotswolds with its historic pretty villages and towns; and the NEC at Birmingham.
The popular and historic town of Stratford-upon-Avon, well known for being the birthplace of William Shakespeare, has much to offer with its shops, great selection of restaurants and most notably, The Royal Shakespeare Theatre. The whole area is steeped in History with numerous attractions to visit including: National Trust properties and gardens; castles; moated houses; canals (access to the canal is just a two hundred yard gentle stroll from The Ling Lodges); water parks; arboretums; farm parks and museums. There is also plenty to keep outdoor enthusiasts amused with fantastic walks (many starting from the front door), golf, clay pigeon shooting, horse riding, hot air balloon rides and watersports including both motor and rowing boat hire. You can purchase local produce at the superb farmers market to take back and prepare a special supper, enjoy a night at the theatre, visit a local brewery to sample the local ale or have a meal out in one of the many restaurants, hotels or pubs - all just a five minute drive from Ling Lodges!
For those who enjoy shopping, you will be spoilt for choice with some of the best shopping in the UK to be had at Warwick, Stratford-upon-Avon, Leamington Spa and Birmingham - all within very easy reach.
There are plenty of local pubs and restaurants to enjoy a meal out, along with village shops close by to pick up provisions. There is also a 24 hour Tesco just minutes away.
With so many attractions and activities to be enjoyed locally and the use of a fantastic indoor swimming pool and outside area, you will be torn between spending a relaxing day in, or exploring the area and its many delights.
- Internet Access
- Swimming Pool
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
- Accessible via Public Transport
The Ling Lodges Continued
The Ling Lodges accommodate up to ten guests in two apartments where you can simply open up an interconnecting door to provide fabulous facilities for larger families and groups of friends (hen parties are accepted, but no stag parties - sorry). The Ling Lodges have recently been redecorated and refurbished to provide spacious comfortable holiday accommodation that is available for both short breaks and longer holidays.
- Upstairs can be entered via its own front door off a private courtyard, or via the downstairs apartment using the interconnecting internal door. Whichever way, you go up a flight of stairs into the living area with a newly fitted kitchen complete with halogen hob, oven, grill, microwave, integrated fridge and extractor unit. There is a dining table, television, DVD player and two comfortable sofas that also provide sleeping facilities for two guests as they fold down effortlessly to form two very comfortable single beds.
- Large double bedroom situated off the main living area which has ample room for the cot that can be supplied at no extra charge if required.
- Through a further door is the modern, white fully tiled en-suite bathroom with WC, wash basin and separate shower.
- Downstairs can again be accessed off the private courtyard or via the interconnecting internal door.
- Living area with newly fitted kitchen complete with halogen hob, oven, grill, microwave, integrated fridge and extractor unit. There is a fabulous modern glass extending dining table that comfortably seats 10 people and the living area has comfortable seating, along with a large 32" LCD flat screen television with Freeview.
- There are two large bedrooms with single beds - One bedroom has two single Beds and an en-suite with walk in power shower, WC and Washbasin. The other large bedroom has two single beds and also comfortable solid bunk beds and is a lovely sizeable family room for four Family members or four friends. There is also a flat screen television and DVD player in this room. In all of our Bedrooms throughout The Lodge we only use absolutely the top quality medium to firm pocket sprung Mattresses and all of them are new this year.
- Separate modern, fully tiled bathroom with WC, wash basin and walk in power shower.
- In summary: Three bedrooms + two single bed settees, three bathrooms including three loos, and two living areas – total comfort for 10 people!
There is a fantastic, large indoor heated swimming pool off the courtyard where you enter The Ling Lodges which is available to guests for exclusive use, for set hours each day. The swimming pool area also has fully tiled changing rooms and a separate full wet room - both have underfloor heating, shower, WC and washbasin. The pool complex occupies approximately two thousand square feet and was completely modernised and re-decorated recently providing plenty of comfortable seating around the pool where parents can relax with a book whilst watching the children swim.
Outside: There is private secure parking outside the Ling Lodges behind electrically operated gates. You will be given beepers on your arrival so that you will not even have to get out of your car to open and close these electric gates. There is a children's play area with slide, swing and monkey bars within the grounds. The owners live in their house within the grounds with their two children and very gentle and friendly German Shepherd dogs so are available should you have any questions. There are several areas in the large garden area where you may sit and relax and take in the views over the adjacent fields where horses graze.
Additional information: Restaurant bookings, wine, flowers or champagne can be arranged for arrival (at an additional charge). Unfortunately no Pets. Smoking outside only please. Short breaks welcome (two night minimum). A bath towel, hand towel and pool towel can be provided at an additional charge of £15 per person - or bring your own for free! Linen provided and heating and electricity included in the price. A cot is available by arrangement at no additional charge and there is plenty of room in the bedroom for it.
Low Season from £1580
High Season from £1980
Changeover Day: Flexible
Paypal, Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 10 people in 3 bedrooms (Two apartments with interconnecting door)
Group booking details:
All male groups: No
All female groups: Yes
Catering Available: No
Owner: David & Jan click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
The Ling Lodges joined Independent Cottages in Aug 2011
Owner's Other Properties
Any Friday and Saturday night just £890 for the two nights total cost for up to 10 people.
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 30th March 2015
Approximate Location of The Ling Lodges
The owner has requested that the exact location not be shown, please contact the owner for the precise location of The Ling Lodges