The Farmhouse @ Grove Farm - Self catering holiday cottage in Bramfield, Halesworth, Nr Southwold, Suffolk, England - Sleeps 13
Grove Farm is home to three fantastic holiday homes that are located in a beautiful peaceful rural setting just six miles from the Heritage coastline and within easy reach of the areas many attractions including Aldeburgh, Walberswick, Southwold and Minsmere wildlife sanctuary.
The Farmhouse is featured within this advertisement and accommodates up to thirteen guests, making it ideal for large groups of friends or family who want to holiday together or celebrate a special occassion. Available for both weekly bookings or a short break, this wonderful property has been restored to an incredibly high standard to provide luxurious holiday accommodation that perfectly blends wonderful original features with a contemporary feel.
Grove Farm is located three and a half miles from the lovely Suffolk market town of Halesworth with its great selection of shops, eating establishments and large supermarket. One mile from Grove Farm is the village of Bramfield with its locally renowned butcher with a deli counter and groceries. Bramfield also has an award winning pub which serves great food using the best of local produce.
Southwold, famous for its beach huts and newly rebuilt pier, has a sand and pebble beach and is a lovely old town where you can enjoy a stroll along the sea front.
Walberswick is incredibly popular, with children who can have fun crab catching from the bridge or playing on the beach. A short walk across fields and sand dunes takes you to the lovely sandy beach.
Dunwich is less busy than others but well worth visiting with its pebble beach and beach side fish and chip shop which opens during the summer (closing at 5.00pm).
- Open Fire
- Log Burner
- Near Pub/Restaurant
- Garden/Outside Area
- Games Room
- Bike Storage
- Internet Access
- Golf Facilities Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Accessible via Public Transport
This exceptional spacious holiday home has been restored to a high standard and provides a relaxing and comfortable environment from which to relax.
Ground floor (with under floor heating throughout)
- Well appointed kitchen which opens out onto a lovely south facing terrace with views over the herb garden to the duck pond and apple orchard beyond - a perfect place for al fresco dining! There are old pine units, perfectly mixed with a stainless steel central island, providing a more contemporary feel. Appliances include: dishwasher, electric range cooker with six ring gas hob and extractor, fridge freezer, microwave oven and toaster. There is a washing machine located in the annex.
- Dining area attached to the kitchen with a south facing window looking out over the herb garden and duck pond. There is an eight foot oak table with its old settle and oak benches providing the perfect environment for long lunches or dinners.
- Bathroom with WC, bath, separate shower enclosure and pedestal basin.
- Stairs to first floor.
- Living room with a three seater sofa, armchair, lovely wood burning stove, large floor cushions and television with video recorder.
- Sitting room with three armchairs, two seater sofa and an open fire. A beautifully decorated room catching both the sunset and sunrise!
- Hall and porch with peg rails and oak benches for coats and welly storage. There is also a second set of stairs leading up to the first floor.
- Bedroom one with four poster, queen size bed - an amazing sun filled room with beamed ceiling and windows on north, south and east sides.
- Bedroom two with sleigh queen size bed - two south facing windows let the light flood in and provide views over the herb garden and duck pond.
- Bedroom thee with twin antique French beds - a spacious room with fantastic views.
- Bedroom four with double sleigh bed - a cosy room with amazing views.
- Bedroom five is a family room with three Swedish style single daybeds - Again a spacious room with windows showing the sunrise and sunset.
- Bedroom six is a twin room on the second floor with two single beds - a lovely attic room with beams and amazing views.
Outside: The grounds extend to one and a half acres. They are fenced off from the two ponds, near the house and the surrounding farm land. At the front of The Farmhouse is a sunken garden with magnificent beech tree where you can sit and enjoy the shade on a hot day and watch the sun go down. Alternatively on a rainy day, you can enjoy a game of pool, table tennis or table football in the games room, a converted stable with large glass doors where you can enjoy the sunsets.
Low Season from £2200
High Season from £2400
Peak Season £3250
Changeover Day: Friday
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 13 people in 6 bedrooms (3 Doubles, 2 Twins and a family rm with 3 singles)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Please enquire with owner
Catering Available: No
Owner: Tim Chapman click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
The Farmhouse @ Grove Farm joined Independent Cottages in April 2008
Last Minute / Late Availability OffersFri, 31 May 2013 for 3 nights - £1450
Additional nights also available
Owner's Other Cottages
Approximate Location of The Farmhouse @ Grove Farm
Reviews and Testimonials for The Farmhouse @ Grove Farm
"Brilliant! what a beautiful house in the most wonderful settings. Superbly furnished. Will defo be back!" - Ms Phillips, Surrey
"A very special and wonderful place- couldn't actually be any more perfect! Thank you so much!" - Jo, London
"This is a fantastic place with a wonderful atmosphere." - The Bird Family, New Zealand