'Hafod Y Gwynt' Barn - Self catering holiday barn in St David's, Pembrokeshire, The Pembrokeshire Coast, Wales - Sleeps 6+2
This delightful three bedroom converted barn has been renovated to a high standard and combines both modern living with lovely traditional features and fittings. It provides the ideal family holiday home and is large enough to accommodate families or friends who want to holiday together. Parties of up to twenty can be accommodated if the owners other property, Lower Treleddyn Farmhouse, is also rented (see separate advert on this website).
The sandy beach of Porthselau is just a five minute walk through rolling farmland and for those who want to try surfing, the renowned surf beach (‘blue flag’ ) of Whitesands is just a twenty minute stroll along the bridleway or alternatively along the beautiful coastal path. There are also a number of other beautiful beaches which are a short drive away.
There are plenty of things to see and do in this lovely area. The barn is perfectly located on the Pembrokeshire coastal footpath so there are coastal walks in every direction from the front door taking you to Whitesands beach and St David's Head in one direction and St Justinian and Ramsey Island in the other.
St Justinian and Whitesands beach is the departure point for boat trips around Ramsey Island nature reserve and the notorious 'Bitches' of Ramsey Sound and for those who enjoy angling, Porthgain boat trips provide fishing trips for anglers.
Predominantly coastal, the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park offers some of the most spectacular coastline in Europe. Nature lovers will love the offshore islands, which are known throughout the world for their seabird and seal population including Skomer, Ramsey, Skokholm, Grasholm and Caldey Island. The waters surrounding Skomer make up one of only two of the British Isles Marine Nature Reserves.
The coastline is varied from beautiful long beaches to high cliffs and there are sheltered coves, mud flats, harbours and sand dunes. In contrast are the windswept expanse of the Preseli Hills and the wooded slopes of the Gwaun Valley, all adding to the charm and diversity of this area.
If you are looking for adventure then there are plenty of local outdoor activities to enjoy including: climbing, surfing, horse riding, kayaking and coasteering. Alternatively a leisurely game of golf can be enjoyed at one of the three local Golf courses: St David's City Golf Club (Nine hole links course); Haverfordwest Golf Club (18 hole) and Priskilly Forest, Haverfordwest (9 hole). St David's Golf Club is very close while the clubs at Haverfordwest are approximately a thirty minute drive.
The smallest city in the country, St David's, is less than two miles away with its beautiful Norman Cathedral and medieval Bishop's Palace. It provides a good range of small shops, including a new supermarket, a great delicatessen and a couple of pubs providing food.
- Beach Nearby
- Log Burner
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Internet Access
- Golf Facilities Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
The Barn has a modern open plan lounge kitchen dining room, two double bedrooms, one bedroom with two sets of bunk beds, two bathrooms with separate bath and shower and a downstairs WC. Downstairs has slate floors with underfloor heating throughout making it nice and warm under foot. Much original character has been retained throughout with exposed stone walls and imaginative use of the original features of the barn.
Accommodation and facilities:
- Open plan lounge/dining room with a lovely wood burning stove which is ideal for relaxing in front of on those more chilly nights and is complimented with ample seating, dining table and chairs for eight guests. There is also a wall mounted 37" Plasma television with Sky (basic package), DVD player and iPod docking station.
- Well equipped kitchen fitted with a large American-style refrigerator, electric oven and hob with extractor hood to the outside, integrated dishwasher, microwave oven, toaster and kettle.
- Utility room housing the oil-fired central heating boiler and also a washing machine and dryer (with external vent).
- Downstairs cloakroom with toilet and washbasin.
- Downstairs bedroom with a king-size bed and en-suite bathroom with full bath, large separate shower, washbasin and toilet.
- Stairs leading to the first floor landing.
- Bedroom two with a king-size bed, built in wardrobe and chest of drawers.
- Bedroom three with two sets of bunk beds (one set 6'3" and the other 6') providing flexible accommodation as either a twin room or a room that can accommodate up to four children.
- Family Bathroom with large shower enclosure, washbasin, toilet and free standing bath.
Garden: There is a patio at the back with an enclosed garden area, along with a west facing walled area at the front with seating - the perfect place to enjoy the late afternoon sun over a glass of wine.
Additional information: Plenty of car parking. Full (oil fired) central heating is included within the price, along with electricity, duvets, pillows, linen for all beds and towels. There is free wireless broadband for those who want to bring their laptop. Pets are accepted by prior arrangement.
Low Season from £575
Mid Season from £700
High Season from £995
Peak Season £995
Star Rating: 5 Star
Pets: Enquire with cottage owner
Changeover Day: Friday
Please enquire with owner
Sleeps 6+2 people in 3 bedrooms (2 Doubles, 1 room with two sets of bunk beds)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Please enquire with owner
Catering Available: No
Owner: David & Clare Parry-Jones click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
'Hafod Y Gwynt' Barn joined Independent Cottages in Dec 2008