Goswick Old Farm Cottage - Goswick, Nr Berwick-upon-Tweed, Northumberland, England - Sleeps 5
Old Farm Cottage sleeps up to five guests and is a spacious self catering holiday cottage sitting in a tranquil enviable location, within easy reach of both the historic town of Berwick-upon-Tweed and the Holy Island on Northumberland's Heritage Coastline. It is perfect for exploring the areas many attractions including the Cheviot Hills and the nearby beautiful Scottish Borders with its ancient towns, fantastic scenery and excellent walking.
The cottage affords a peaceful position yet it is only five miles from Berwick-upon-Tweed which has immense appeal with its museums, galleries, shops, eating establishments and historic walks. It is the owners’ personal holiday home and an ideal retreat to escape the pressures of every day life. Miles of stunning golden beaches are accessible within just a few minutes’ walk from the cottage, and when you can tear yourself away, there are plenty of great days out to enjoy.
An enclosed garden provides a safe place for guests to relax and soak up the sea air - an ideal place for enjoying a glass of wine at the end of the day or your morning coffee. There are also riding stables and a links golf course within walking distance of the cottage.
Spacious and beautifully presented, Old Farm Cottage offers a high standard of self-catering accommodation which is ideal at any time of the year, whether you are looking for a cosy retreat with log burner (and central heating) by the sea for a winter break or a lazy beach summer holiday.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Waterside Location
- Beach Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
Goswick Old Farm Cottage Continued
- Entrance porch with coat pegs and shoe rack.
- Spacious lounge and dining room with original beamed ceilings providing the perfect place to relax throughout your stay. The open plan room has a fantastic inglenook fireplace which houses a large stove. It also offers two comfortable sofas and an oak dining table with leather dining chairs. There is a widescreen television with freeview digibox, DVD player and a video recorder, along with a selection of DVDs and videos provided.
- Fully fitted kitchen with electric oven and hob, fridge-freezer, washer-drier and microwave oven. There is also a health grill and smoothie maker/juicer. The kitchen is equipped with various cooking utensils and a selection of cookery books are provided.
- Family bathroom which has a white suite comprising of a bath with shower over, toilet and hand washbasin within a vanity unit.
- Spacious twin bedroom with beamed ceiling and en-suite shower room with an electric powered shower, full size hand washbasin and toilet. This room has two single beds with comfortable pocket sprung mattresses.
First Floor - Both first floor bedrooms are accessed via their own staircases.
- Double bedroom with attractive sloped ceiling with original beams and a recessed window seat with cushions from which you can relax and take in the views of the Holy Island of Lindisfarne and the Northumberland coast.
- Single bedroom with window seat and cushions from which to enjoy the lovely views.
Outdoors - There is an enclosed garden, with patio furniture, to the front of the cottage where you can sit and relax. Within the enclosed garden there is parking space for two cars. However, there is ample additional parking in front of the cottage.
Additional information: High chair and hair dryer provided. Wi-Fi internet access available.
Low Season from £395
Mid Season from £495
High Season from £595
Peak Season £650
Changeover Day: Saturday
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 5 people in 3 bedrooms (1 Twin, 1 Double, 1 Single)
Owner: Wendy Atkinson, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Goswick Old Farm Cottage joined Independent Cottages in July 2008
Thank you for your interest in the old farm cottage. We hope that you take the opportunity to experience the beauties of unspoilt northumbria in this lovely location.
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 25th May 2016