Riverside Cottage - Self catering holiday cottage, Wroxham, Norfolk, The Norfolk Broads, England - Sleeps 6+2
Situated on the river front (River Bure) within 2 minutes walk of the centre of Wroxham village, referred to as the 'capital of the Norfolk Broads', 'Riverside' and 'Anchor' cottages offer the perfect relaxing waterside self-catering holiday. The holiday cottages sleep up to 8 per cottage (20% discount for 4 or less), Sleeping parties of 16 guests combined.
The cottages provide the ideal holiday location for anyone looking for a beautiful water front location at the heart of the Norfolk Broads. Whether fishing, boating, feeding the swans and ducks, dining at the many local pubs and restaurants (many within walking distance), renting a boat for a day or longer or visiting the nearby sandy Norfolk beaches, Anchor and Riverside Cottages offer the perfect family holiday or short break. Also close by can be found the Bure Railway, stately homes, the historic and bustling City of Norwich and quiet Broadland Villages, each with their own unique character.
Both Riverside and Anchor Cottages have a small waterside patio garden with patio furniture for alfresco dining whilst watching the sun set over the River Bure. You can even moor your own boat (or hired day/weekender boat) on your private 17 foot mooring allowing you to fully enjoy exploring the local waterways. If you enjoy fishing, you can fish directly from your own riverside garden!
The area of Wroxham is actually made up of two Broads villages - Wroxham and Hoveton, separated by the famous 17th Century low bridge spanning the River Bure. Wroxham is today often referred to as the 'Capital of the Norfolk Broads' and is an ideal location to stay with numerous waterside and local places to eat and drink within a short two minute walk of your cottage. Wroxham was the home of the hire-boat industry back in the Victorian times and the town still retains much of the elegance and charm from this period as well as still being one of the main centres of boating on the Norfolk Broads. In the town itself is located 'Roys of Wroxham', which claims to be the 'largest village store in the country'. Offering all of the shopping delights of a large department store combined with a supermarket, there is a good choice of local produce on sale, making a welcome change from the normal large chain stores. Exploring a little further afield, the sandy Norfolk beaches are easily accessible within a 15 minute drive or you can enjoy the shopping delights and tourist attractions offered by Norfolk's historic city of Norwich.
- Waterside Location
- Near Pub/Restaurant
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Internet Access
- Fishing Onsite
- Golf Facilities Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Accessible via Public Transport
Accommodation and facilities at Riverside Cottage comprise:
- Large lounge area overlooking the river with waterside facing alcove window offering beautiful river views. Lounge has comfortable sofa and chairs, colour TV, DVD player, gas fire and patio doors leading to small riverside garden.
- The dining area is open plan to the lounge area and provides a large dining table with adequate seating for 8/9 guests.
- Downstairs Cloakroom with toilet and washbasin.
- Well equipped kitchen with electric cooker, dishwasher, microwave oven, toaster & refrigerator. In addition, there is a small chest freezer in the garage (connected to the hallway by an internal access door).
- Fully tiled family bathroom with bath and shower over, wash basin with vanity light and shaver socket.
- Double bedroom with fixed double bed with sprung mattress, wardrobe bedside table and storage drawers.
- Twin Bedroom with two low single beds with sprung mattresses.
- Twin Bedroom with two single bunk beds (one above the other offset at 90 degrees).
- Fully tiled family bathroom with bath and shower over, toilet and washbasin.
- Master double bedroom with fixed kingsize double bed with sprung mattress, wardrobe, bedside tables and storage drawers. A cot can be provided in the master bedroom as an option if required.
- Ensuite Bathroom with corner bath, toilet and wash basin plus bathroom cabinet.
Outside there is a garden with patio table and chairs which is separated from the private 17ft mooring and quay by a 3 feet high white wooden fence with a gate. Please note that children must be supervised by the river at all times. The mooring can be used to moor your own small boat during your stay, or a day/short break hire boat available from the many boatyards within a 5 minute walk from either cottage.
Additional information: Changeover day can be Monday or Friday; Prices are inclusive of heating, electricity and bed linen. A high chair & cot are available upon request; Short breaks may be available - please enquire with owner.
Low Season from £396
Mid Season from £592
High Season from £900
Peak Season £1325
Star Rating: 4 Star
Changeover Day: Flexible
Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 6+2 people in 4 bedrooms (2 Doubles, 1 Twin, 1 Bunk bed room)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Please enquire with owner
Catering Available: No
Owner: Nigel Richards click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Riverside Cottage joined Independent Cottages in Nov 2007
Owner's Other Cottages
Approximate Location of Riverside Cottage
Reviews and Testimonials for Riverside Cottage
..."if your looking for a relaxing holiday, spot of fishing and hiring a boat to tour round the broads then this is the place for you" - Wendy, Knottingley
..."Riverside cottage was in a perfect location on the River Bure....We loved only being a 5 minute walk from Roys supermarket & only 20mins in the car from Norwich. We would definitely recommend Riverside cottage" - Mark, Hertford
For full reviews above and more please search for "Wroxham Cottages" on TripAdvisor.