Upper Barn - Self catering holiday barn in Reepham, Near Norwich, Norfolk, England - Sleeps 10
Upper Barn sleeps ten guests in five bedrooms and is a beautiful barn conversion that dates back to the 17th Century. Standing in its own grounds with enclosed lawned gardens and six seater hot tub, this is a perfect holiday retreat for friends or families who want to enjoy a short break or longer holiday together.
Furnished and equipped to a high standard, Upper Barn still retains lots of original character and charm and boasts exposed beams, oak flooring, feature brickwork walls, a range in the kitchen and woodburning stove in the lounge, providing a wonderful cosy atmosphere. The farmhouse-style kitchen/dining room brings the outside in, with its bi-folding doors that open out onto the patio area - ideal for al fresco dining. Attached to the barn, is Upper Barn Stable which sleeps two guests and can be rented with Upper Barn to accommodate parties of twelve.
With its charming market square, Reepham is only a mile from Upper Barn and provides restaurants, traditional inns, interesting shops and tearooms. Set amongst beautiful countryside, the town is ideal for those who enjoy walking and cycling. The Marriott's Way footpath, extending some twenty miles, can be accessed locally and provides a peaceful route through woodland and fields.
The coastal areas of Blakeney and Cley are nearby, offering more superb walking and good bird watching opportunities. The traditional seaside resort of Cromer is nearby with its Blue Flag sandy beaches, fantastic seafood restaurants, promenade and famous Cromer Crabs!
A little further afield but still within easy reach by car is the historic City of Norwich with a great shopping centre, excellent selection of restaurants and impressive cathedral.
Other local attractions include:
- Blackney National Nature Reserve - A three and a half mile long sand and shingle spit which is a haven for wildlife including colonies of breeding terns, migrant birds and common and grey seals that can also be seen.
- Salle Church and Anne Boleyn - A glorious ten minute walk away, Salle Church gained its fame from a legend which claims that Anne Boleyn's body was removed from the Tower after her execution and was reburied in the church beneath a black marble tombstone.
- Morston Quay - This small quay provides access to the coastal path where you can enjoy extensive views across the large areas of saltmarsh and Blakeney Point. At high tide boat trips can be taken to see the seals.
- Norfolk Broads and Wroxham - Known as the 'Gateway to the Norfolk Broads', Wroxham is a small, bustling village famed for having the largest village store in the world! There are plenty of pubs and restaurants and day boat hire is available to explore the waterways.
- Blickling Hall - Sitting in the village of Blickling and managed by the National Trust, this stately home takes you on a voyage of discovery, allowing you to experience four centuries of history.
Centrally located, Upper Barn is an ideal holiday retreat for those looking to explore this lovely part of Norfolk.
- Horse Riding Nearby
- Hot Tub
- Log Burner
- Near Pub/Restaurant
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Bike Storage
- Internet Access
- Golf Facilities Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Accessible via Public Transport
- Large living room with beamed vaulted ceiling, wood burning stove, Freeview television, DVD player, CD player and wooden floor.
- Well-equipped, farmhouse-style kitchen/dining area with electric range, microwave, dishwasher, fridge/freezer and bi-folding doors leading out to the patio and garden. There is also a large table and chairs that can seat ten to twelve guests.
- Utility area with washing machine, tumble dryer and additional freezer.
- Double bedroom with door leading out to the garden and en-suite shower room with WC (also accessed from the utility area).
- Three twin bedrooms, one which has television and can be made up as a double.
- Shower room with WC.
- Double bedroom.
- Bathroom with separate shower cubicle and WC.
Outside: Outside there is a large walled garden with patio area for dining (additional ten seater garden table and chairs available), BBQ, fire pit and six seater hot tub. Off road parking for three cars.
Additional information: Weekend and midweek short breaks available - please enquire with the owner. Oil central heating, electricity, bed linen and towels included in the price. Starter pack provided for the wood burner. Wi-Fi internet access available. Pets welcome by arrangement at an additional charge of £20 per dog (large breed dog crate and dog towels provided). No smoking. The nearest pub and shop are one mile away. Cot and high chair available by request. Football table for guest's enjoyment.
Group Bookings: Upper Barn sleeps ten guests and Upper Barn Stable sleeps two. They can be rented together by arrangement with the owner to accommodate large parties of twelve. Outside catering can be arranged and Upper Barn has facilities for twelve people to dine together around one table.
Low Season from £900
High Season from £1900
Peak Season £2900
Children: Enquire with cottage owner
Changeover Day: Friday
Paypal, Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 10 people in 5 bedrooms (2 doubles, 2 twin rms, 1 rm with twin/super-king)
Group booking details:
Please note: Upper Barn sleeps 10 people. The owner has 2 properties which, when booked together, can accommodate up to 12 guests. Dining capacity: 12 (Guests can be seated together for meals).
Prices from: £12
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Yes
Catering Available: Yes
Owner: Diane Pearce click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Upper Barn joined Independent Cottages in May 2012
Owner's Other Cottages
Approximate Location of Upper Barn
Reviews and Testimonials for Upper Barn
We went to Upper Barn for a long weekend with a group of friends in the summer. After being completely blown away by the stunning living room which is absolutely huge, you start to realise just how much love has gone into this house. Every room is unique and feels really homely because of thoughtful little touches like fresh flowers, candles, blankets and comfy little corners to sit in.
The large kitchen has literally every utensil you could think of and is great for cooking on mass. The dining space has gorgeous floor to ceiling windows and the really brings the outdoors in.
The bedrooms were all a really good size with comfortable beds and the bathroom and utility facilities were excellent.
The garden was very well-maintained with gorgeous flowers, and who could forget star-gazing in the hot tub! Quite a novelty for usually stressed-out londoners.
The barn is a real home from home- and was so nice that none of us wanted to leave come the end of the weekend! The surrounding area is beautiful and there's lots to see and do. We can't wait to come back and are already planning a weekend of winter walks and roast dinners by the huge open fire for later this year. A big thank you to the owner Diane who couldn't have been more welcoming or helpful.