Thimble Cottage - Winsor, Hampshire, The New Forest, England - Sleeps 6
Thimble Cottage sleeps up to six guests (plus a baby) and is located within the New Forest National Park. It is a delightful holiday cottage that provides the best of old world charm, perfectly combined with modern convenience, offering spacious holiday accommodation with a high degree of character and style.
This pretty 17th century thatched New Forest cottage is furnished to a high standard with designer furniture, plenty of comfy sofas and seating areas where you can relax and enjoy the lovely views of the garden. Books, original art work and a well equipped kitchen (including a Jura coffee machine), make this a real home from home. With a living / dining room that leads out to a beautiful secure garden with plenty of outside space, Thimble Cottage is ideal for both a family holiday or a romantic break.
The cottage sits in a village within the New Forest and is just a mile from the open forest, providing easy access to all the forest activities. There are fantastic forest walks and great cycling routes in close proximity to the cottage. For golfers, Bramshaw Golf Club is just two miles away and has two eighteen hole courses in a lovely setting. Also within a couple of miles is Paulton’s Park, great for a family day out including a variety of rides and Peppa Pig World. The village has a farm shop, pub and convenience store where you can stock up on provisions.
Lyndhurst, known as the 'Capital of the New Forest' is just five miles away with a tourist information office, pubs, restaurants and plenty of interesting shops. The towns of Southampton and Bournemouth offer a wide range of shopping and leisure activities and the coast is within easy reach including sailing at Lymington, Mudeford beach, Bournemouth and Swanage. The area is also well served with a wide variety of good quality pubs and fine dining establishments such as Hotel Terravina, Lime Wood and The Pig.
Well located, Thimble Cottage is less than one and a half miles from junction one of the M27 and is conveniently located for both the many attractions of the New Forest and the Coast.
- Internet Access
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
Thimble Cottage Continued
- Front living room which is in the original part of the cottage and has great character with beams and a fireplace (watch out for the beams if you’re over 6 ft!).
- Cloak room off the living room with coat hooks and a downstairs toilet.
- Open plan living / dining space which is in the extension and has views over the garden and double doors leading out onto the patio. Both living rooms can seat six comfortably and have a television (BT Sports available).
- Shaker style kitchen with black granite worktops, old butcher’s block island and butler sink. Open to the dining room, the kitchen area has a range oven, microwave, dishwasher, fridge/freezer and Jura coffee machine (bean to cup).
- Utility room with a washing machine, good sized shower and hand basin.
- Bedroom one has king size bed with memory foam mattress. In the original part of the house, this room has a quirky uneven floor, but normal head room.
- Bedroom two with king size bed.
- Bedroom three with two single beds.
- Family bathroom with shower over the bath, WC and wash basin.
Outside: Leading from the back of the house is a patio area with table and chairs which is ideal for alfresco dining. At the back of the garden overlooking the fields and getting the evening sun is a raised decked area with table and gas BBQ for guest's enjoyment.
Additional information: All bedding is Egyptian cotton 400 tread count. Towels also provided except beach towels. Wi-Fi is available throughout the house and part of the garden. There is an iPod docking station, DVD player and selection of board games. Travel cot (preferred for guests to bring their own cot bedding), highchair and stair gate are available if required. Short breaks are often available - please enquire with the owner.
Seven Night stays or Midweek Short Breaks available. Midweek rates:
- £475-£525 (Jan – 25th May)
- £520-£695 (Peak – when offered)
- £475-£525 (Oct-Dec)
Low Season from £650
Mid Season from £795
High Season from £850
Peak Season £995
Changeover Day: Friday
Paypal, Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 6 people in 3 bedrooms (2 Kings & 1 Twin)
Owner: Andrew Prophet click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Thimble Cottage joined Independent Cottages in Dec 2011
Weekends available - contact for price.
Last Minute / Late Availability Offers
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 2nd May 2015