The Granary - Fordhead, Kippen, Stirling, Loch Lomond and the Trossachs, Scotland - Sleeps 4+1
Fordhead Farm overlooks the Fords of Frew on the River Forth, some nine miles west of Stirling in Central Scotland and offers three lovely holiday cottages in the midst of some of the finest countryside and scenery in Scotland.
Located within a peaceful setting and with the private use of the large hot tub, situated in its own private cabin (available on request), Fordhead Farm provides plenty of opportunity to relax. Here you can stroll along the riverbank, or wander through the recently planted Scottish native woodland and enjoy the varied bird and wildlife.
The pretty village of Kippen is just a mile away from the farm and offers historic buildings and lovely traditional pubs and restaurants. Also within easy reach are Stirling, Glasgow, Edinburgh and The Trossachs, making this an ideal central touring base for your holiday.
This region is known as the Carse of Stirling and is one of the most fertile areas in Scotland where the vast majority of hay is grown and harvested. The farm offers guests the opportunity to escape the pressures of every day life and guests are lucky enough to be able to enjoy exclusive fishing amongst beautiful countryside where you can fish for Brown Trout, Salmon and Sea Trout. Alternatively enjoy a game of tennis or relax in a wonderful hot tub.
The Granary is set high on the banks of the river Forth overlooking the historic Fords of Frew. As the name suggests, the building was once a grain store, which formerly contained its own thrashing mill.
Built on the site of the original farmhouse, The Granary dates back to the early 18th Century and it is said that Bonnie Prince Charlie has slept there.
Today this superb self-catering conversion has inherited many of the features and character of the original building and has been beautifully combined with modern facilities to offer holiday accommodation of a high standard.
- Internet Access
- Hot Tub
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Tennis Onsite
- Fishing Onsite
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- CD Player
The Granary Continued
- The living area in the Granary is a large spacious room which accommodates the kitchen, dining and lounge areas. The room is well illuminated with natural light from four windows and two French doors which open onto the patio area at the north-facing gable wall of the building.
- The lounge area offers comfortable seating and the furnishings throughout are of traditional solid pine.
- The dining area has a large circular table with ample seating for four adults. The table can be extended to cater for six. As an alternative, on warm summer nights, your evening meal can be enjoyed on the patio where you can watch the cattle grazing peacefully on the banks of the river.
- The patio area is also ideal for a spot of afternoon sunbathing. The view overlooks the riverbanks of the Forth and through the trees, the distant mountains of the Scottish Highlands, the hills of The Trossachs and the impressive mountain of Ben Lomond can be seen. The sunsets in summer are often stunning in this part of the world and the patio is perfect for viewing the spectacle.
- The kitchen area is well equipped to a very high standard. Kitchen appliances include electric hob, an electric oven, a microwave oven, a dish-washer, washing machine and a fridge/freezer.
- The Mill Room is a double bedroom of generous size and is situated at the far end of the hall. The room has en-suite facilities of WC, sink and shower. The super king-size bed can be converted into twin beds as required and the room can also accommodate a fold down bed for a third person. The view from the bedroom window looks out to the west and spans from the nearby village of Kippen to Ben Lomond and the Menteith Hills.
- The Poppy Room is a spacious double bedroom has a king-size bed, colour television and has identical en-suite facilities.
Additional information: Dogs are welcome and there are some lovely walks along the riverbanks for them to enjoy. Guests have the private use of the large hot tub, situated in its own private cabin (available on request). Water, electricity and central heating costs are included within the rent and towels and bedlinen are provided at no extra charge. Broadband internet access available upon request. Guests have the use of tennis courts, hot tubs and a games room with pool table.
Low Season from £350
Mid Season from £450
High Season from £575
Star Rating: 4 Star
Pets: Yes, 1 dog
Changeover Day: Saturday
Please enquire with owner
Sleeps 4+1 people in 2 bedrooms (Double/twin, second double room.)