Sea Croft - Melvaig, Nr Gairloch, Highland, Scotland - Sleeps 2
This traditional semi-detached self catering holiday home sits in a beautiful position in Melvaig, a quiet crofting community near Gairloch. It is situated just 200 yards from the shore and has stunning views of the isles of Skye, Harris and Lewis. It provides the perfect holiday destination for anyone who wants to escape the pressures of every day life and relax amongst breathtaking scenery and wonderful wildlife - imagine enjoying the sunsets over a romantic glass of wine where you may be lucky enough to spot the whales, dolphins, otters or seals.
There are plenty of wonderful places to explore with mountains, sandy beaches and lochs in the surrounding area. It is the ideal place to visit if you enjoy hill walking, golf or fishing and a visit to Inverewe Gardens makes for a lovely relaxing day. The Torridon Mountains and Beinn Eighe Nature Reserve are within easy reach as is Melvaig itself with a cafe/restaurant and tea room.
The area has many attractions including: whale watching; visits to see the puffins on the Shiant Islands; fishing (trout, salmon and sea); golf course; pony trekking; boat trips on Loch Maree where you can view Viking graves; a deer museum; bike hire; and guided hill walks.
The coastline is dramatic and rugged, with an abundance of bird and marine life including whales, seals and even notoriously shy otters. Not only does it provide many walking and relaxation opportunities but there is always wildlife just waiting to be spotted and admired!
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Waterside Location
- Beach Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
Sea Croft Continued
Accommodation is all on the ground floor and comprises:
- Comfortable lounge area with two chairs, dining table/chairs, television (with Sky Freeview), DVD player, electric fire and CD/radio player - There are also patio widows offering fantastic views over the sea.
- Modern well equipped kitchen area. Electric cooker, fridge/freezer, microwave, washer/dryer etc. It also includes plenty of pots, crockery and cooking utensils/equipment.
- Porch leading into the hallway where there is room to store coats and boots.
- Bedroom with two single beds and traditional furnishings that include a fitted wardrobe for clothes storage.
- Bathroom with electric shower over the bath, WC, wash basin and heated towel rail.
Additional information: Bed linen and towels (including tea towels) can be provided (additional charge applies). Electricity is charged by the meter. There is parking for one car. Well-behaved dogs are accepted.
Low Season from £175
Mid Season from £190
High Season from £305
Peak Season £305
Star Rating: 3 Star
Pets: Yes, 1 dog
Changeover Day: Friday
Please enquire with owner
Sleeps 2 people in 1 bedroom (1 Twin)
Owner: Tony Gill, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Sea Croft joined Independent Cottages in May 2008
Owner's Other Properties
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 17th May 2016