Sea Croft - Self catering holiday cottage, Melvaig, Nr Gairloch, Highland, Scotland - Sleeps 2
This traditional style semi-detached self catering holiday home is located in a beautiful position within the quiet crofting community of Melvaig, near Gairloch. It is situated just 200 yards from the shore and has stunning views of the isles of Skye, Harris and Lewis. It provides the perfect holiday destination for anyone who wants to escape the pressures of every day life and relax amongst breathtaking scenery and wonderful wildlife - imagine enjoying the sunsets over a romantic glass of wine where you may be lucky enough to spot the whales, dolphins, otters or seals.
There are plenty of wonderful places to explore with mountains, sandy beaches and lochs in the surrounding area. It is the ideal place to visit if you enjoy hill walking, golf or fishing and a visit to Inverewe Gardens makes for a lovely relaxing day. The Beinn Eighe Nature Reserve and The Torridon mountains are just a short distance away and Melvaig itself has a cafe bar/restaurant, with another tea room nearby.
The area's attractions include: marine-life trips and whale-watching, including visits to the puffin colonies on the Shiant islands; trout, salmon and sea fishing; a golf course; pony trekking; boat trips on Loch Maree where you can view Viking graves; bike hire; a deer museum and guided hill walks to name but a few.
The coastline around Melvaig and to Rua Reidh Lighthouse (approx. 4 miles north) is rugged and provides a haven for nesting birds, whales, seals and otters. Not only does it provide many walking and relaxation opportunities but there is always wildlife just waiting to be spotted and admired!
- Waterside Location
- Beach Nearby
- Near Pub/Restaurant
- Garden/Outside Area
- Golf Facilities Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
Ground floor accommodation throughout comprises:
- Lounge area which is comfortably furnished with 2 easy chairs, dining table and chairs, electric fire, colour TV with Sky Freeview, video, DVD player, radio/cassette/CD player - There are also patio widows offering fantastic views over the sea.
- Modern well equipped kitchen area. Electric cooker, fridge/freezer, microwave, washer/dryer, toaster etc. It also includes a good range of crockery and utensils; coffee maker, food mixer etc.
- Porch and hall with storage and hanging space.
- Bedroom with twin beds, fitted wardrobe and traditional furnishings.
- Bathroom with electric over-bath shower, WC, down flow heater, heated towel rail and shaver socket.
Additional information: Sheets, pillowcases, bath and hand towels, and tea towels can be provided at an extra charge. Electricity is metered and charged to guests. There is parking for one car. Well-behaved dogs are accepted.
Low Season from £175
Mid Season from £190
High Season from £305
Peak Season £305
Star Rating: 3 Star
Changeover Day: Friday
Please enquire with owner
Sleeps 2 people in 1 bedroom (1 Twin)
Owner: Tony Gill click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Sea Croft joined Independent Cottages in May 2008