The Granary - Self catering holiday cottage in Orcop Hill, Herefordshire, England - Sleeps 4
Formerly a farm, The Burnett Farmhouse offers three comfortable holiday cottages that are located amongst beautiful rolling countryside within South Herefordshire. The cottages sleep two to four guests individually and afford far reaching views over the quiet valley of Orcop towards Garway Hill.
Set in a tranquil farmland position, away from main roads, these renovated barn and farm buildings provide the perfect base for exploring areas of outstanding natural beauty including the Forest of Dean, Wye Valley, Brecon Beacons and the Malvern Hills.
The holiday cottages are within a twenty minute drive from Ross-on-Wye, Hereford and the M50 motorway, making them a central location from which to explore Hay-on-Wye, Symonds Yat, Monmouth, Abergavenny, Malvern, Cheltenham, Chepstow, Cardiff, The Brecon Beacons, Wales and Worcester. With numerous places to visit including the castles of The Marches, Tintern Abbey, Offa's Dyke path, the Black and White villages and The Wye Valley, along with gardens to explore, antique shops and many more places of interest, you will have no shortage of things to do whilst on holiday.
Local Activities include:
- Bird Watching - including Buzzards visible from the Granary in the fields below the cottages.
- Cycling - There is safe bike storage.
- Walking - There are plenty of lovely walks locally through beautiful countryside.
- Horse Riding.
- Eating out - you can enjoy simple and fine cuisine at pubs and restaurants in the surrounding area.
- Forty minutes from Celtic Manor Ryder Cup Golf Course.
- Near Pub/Restaurant
- Garden/Outside Area
- Games Room
- Bike Storage
- Internet Access
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Accessible via Public Transport
All three holiday cottages have been sympathetically restored with oak beams and contemporary style furniture to provide comfortable self catering accommodation in an exceptionally beautiful location.
The Granary sleeps up to four guests (plus cot) and offers the following accommodation and facilities:
- Open plan living/dining area with lovely views across to Little Hill. This area includes oak beams, electric fire, sofa, dining room table and chairs, television (with Freeview) and DVD player. The kitchenette area is fully equipped with full cooker, microwave, fridge and washer/drier.
- Ground floor double bedroom. This room is comfortably appointed with en-suite shower room.
- First floor twin bedroom with feature slit window and separate bathroom (with bath). This bedroom has enough space to accommodate a cot.
Outside: There is a garden area set aside exclusively for the use of guests, with patio which provides barbecue, tables and chairs, along with fantastic views to take in whilst enjoying a glass of wine or barbeque. There is a Games Room that guests are welcome to use - situated within the courtyard, the games room has a 6ft pool table/table tennis table, selection of board games and videos.
Additional information: Price includes linen, towels, electricity and central heating. Sorry, no pets and strictly no smokers. Ample off road parking. Short breaks available. Bicycles can be rented and delivered to the cottages and stored safely in a secure room.
The owners have a Silver standard under the Green Tourism Scheme - scoring the highest for any business in Hereford in the assessment.
Low Season from £254
High Season from £456
Peak Season £506
Star Rating: 3 Star
Changeover Day: Saturday
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 4 people in 2 bedrooms (1 Double, 1 Twin)
Owner: Matthew & Britta Ormerod click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
The Granary joined Independent Cottages in Sep 2010
Last Minute / Late Availability OffersSat, 1 Jun 2013 for 7 nights - £360
Owner's Other Cottages
Approximate Location of The Granary
Reviews and Testimonials for The Granary
Brilliant - we even had Lambs in front of our window on Easter Sunday!
One of Herefordshire's Best Kept Secrets