Goodies Farmhouse - Self catering holiday cottage in Firbank, Sedbergh, Nr Lake District, Cumbria, England - Sleeps 6
Goodies is a gorgeous five star luxury farmhouse, sleeping up to six guests, located near Sedbergh in Cumbria. Surrounded by spectacular countryside, this luxurious farmhouse is full of character and nestles in a picturesque wooded valley with views over the Howgill Fells.
One of the greatest pleasures of staying at Goodies is being able to set off by foot from the front door and explore the area. There are wonderful walks to enjoy, with something to suit all energy levels, from a gentle stroll along the river to a more challenging hike up into the high fells.
The surrounding mountain scenery is beautiful, with meadows, woods, fells and a rushing river. Wild flowers flourish and the area is rich in wildlife with deer, otters, peregrines, badgers and many rare birds.
The attractive market town of Sedbergh, in the Yorkshire Dales is nearby and is full of character with its historic houses and quaint narrow streets. Recently becoming one of England's ʻbook towns', Sedbergh offers interesting places to browse including several antique shops. The pretty Cumbrian village of Dent is also nearby, with cobbled streets, traditional pubs and interesting art galleries. A visit to Kirkby Lonsdale is a must! Touristy but unspoilt, this beautiful, little market town has excellent places to eat, fascinating shops, an ancient church and lovely river-side walks.
For those who want to use Goodies Farmhouse as a base from which to explore the area and its varied attractions, you will not be disappointed. The many activities of the Lake District are within easy reach including: visiting Wordsworth’s Grasmere or Beatrice Potter’s House near Hawkshead; lake sailing on Ullswater; family adventures in Grisedale Forest, or climbing up Cat Bells by beautiful Derwentwater, to name just a few!
If you are looking for a peaceful, private retreat with glorious views, away from the bustling crowds, then Goodies Farmhouse, with its wonderful tranquillity, is sure to delight.
- Waterside Location
- Open Fire
- Garden/Outside Area
- Internet Access
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
Goodies Farmhouse is simply gorgeous and full of character and warmth. It is a delightful 17th century farmhouse that sits in an enviable position in a beautiful wooded valley with views over the Howgill Fells.
Recently restored to a luxurious and very high standard, and achieving a 5 star grading from Visit Britain, Goodies has a magical atmosphere and, sitting in almost an acre of garden and private woodland, is a perfect retreat for those seeking peace and tranquillity. The most discerning of guests will be impressed with the beautiful interior, high quality fixtures and fittings and attention to detail, all ensuring modern conveniences are perfectly combined with the relaxed and cosy atmosphere of this character farmhouse.
- Beautiful lounge with open fire for coal and logs, original oak beams, oak floor with rugs, two and three seater sofas and armchair with Liberty covers, forty two inch television, DVD player, video, piano and lamps and wall lights to provide soft lighting.
- Dining area with magnificent 16th century oak refectory table and eight carved oak chairs.
- Conservatory with spectacular views over the mountains and surrounding countryside; a very special and unique place, providing a peaceful and private retreat with glorious views, very comfortable sofas and lovely relaxing atmosphere. There is a terrace for alfresco dining with table and chairs and wonderful mountain views.
- Newly fitted kitchen, with a beautiful granite worktop and electric double oven and gas hob, dishwasher, fridge, small table and chairs, inglenook fireplace with cast iron stove, excellent cookware, pretty china, terracotta tiled floor, oak beams, bookcase and spice cupboard.
- Utility room housing a microwave, additional full-sized fridge (ideal for drinks and extra food storage), washing machine and large freezer.
- Old oak staircase leading up to....
- Three bedrooms, all with sumptuous beds to ensure a blissful night’s sleep. The twin bedroom can be made into a six foot double upon request; the double room has a five foot carved oak bed and the master bedroom has a five foot bed, lovely views and a good-sized en-suite shower room.
- Family bathroom with bath and shower.
Additional information: Central heating, electricity, gas, coal, logs and kindling are all provided, along with luxurious bed linen and towels. There are no extra charges. No smoking in the farmhouse.
Low Season from £895
Mid Season from £1200
High Season from £1350
Peak Season £1450
Star Rating: 5 Star
Changeover Day: Saturday
Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 6 people in 3 bedrooms (1 Twin & 2 Kings)
Owner: Alexandra Stephenson click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Goodies Farmhouse joined Independent Cottages in Nov 2011