Lakeside House - Fossebridge, Nr Cirencester, Gloucestershire, The Cotswolds, England - Sleeps 10+1
Lakeside House is situated in the Coln Valley which is an AONB and is within walking distance of The Roman Villa (National Trust) at Chedworth. Bourton-on-the-Water, Stow-on-the-Wold, Cheltenham and Oxford are all within half an hours drive. Warwick Castle and Bath are also easy day trips.
Situated on the Stow Road (A429), within the grounds of The Inn at Fossebridge, Lakeside House is a historic inn that dates back as far as the 17th Century with Georgian additions. Excellent traditional food, beers and wine are served daily.
The accommodation is spacious and can sleep up to ten guests in three double rooms and one with four single beds.
The Inn at Fossebridge is between the Gloucestershire towns of Cirencester and Northleach, within a dip on the A429. It is surrounded by the estates of the Vestey and Bathurst families, acres upon acres of grassland, their heritage steeped in the days of the wool trade … and still quintessential farming country. The Inn at Fossebridge is located in the small village of Fossebridge within the parish of Chedworth … the first building recorded on the site was in 1634 when it was acquired by the local Dutton family.
Historians say the house may have later become the inn, though much of the present building is from the 18th century. In fact, in 1759 the Inn had opened and was at the time called the Lord Chedworth’s Arms, only being named the Fossebridge Inn in the 19th century.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Waterside Location
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
- Accessible via Public Transport
Lakeside House Continued
- Large sitting room tastefully furnished with arm chairs, occasional chairs, sofa, satellite television, DVD, video, CD player and log burning stove - ideal for those more chilly nights!
- Adjacent is the master bedroom with en suite bathroom including shower cubicle, bath, twin vanity unit and WC.
- Kitchen with dishwasher, microwave, large fridge-freezer, washing machine and Gas hob with electric oven.
- Dining area which is adjacent to the kitchen with a large farmhouse table and dining chairs.
- Ground floor double bedroom with wash basin.
- Upstairs is another double bedroom with double bed and wash basin, a fourth bedroom with four single beds and a family Bathroom with bath, shower over bath, WC and wash basin.
- An additional bed is also available at a small additional charge for an extra guest.
Outside: The cottage has private entrance and two driveways with parking for up to five cars. There is also an enclosed front garden.
Additional information: Strictly no smoking. Children and pets are most welcome. Short breaks are available all year.
Low Season from £1155
Mid Season from £1560
High Season from £1760
Peak Season £2160
Star Rating: 4 Star
Pets: Yes, 2 dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Flexible
Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 10+1 people in 4 bedrooms (3 Doubles, 1 Family rm with 4 single beds + extra bed)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Yes
All female groups: Yes
Catering Available: No
Owner: Robert & Samantha Jenkins click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Lakeside House joined Independent Cottages in Aug 2007
Owner's Other Properties
Large Detached Self Catering Cotswold Holiday Cottage, conveniently loca
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 19th January 2016