Honey Suckle Cottage - Lower Oddington, Nr Stow-on-the-Wold, Gloucestershire, The Cotswolds, England - Sleeps 6
Honeysuckle Cottage is ideally situated within the lovely village of Oddington, in the heart of the Cotswolds. Oddington has two superb pubs serving excellent food within walking distance of the cottage and an 11th Century Norman church.
This charming holiday cottage has been furnished and equipped to a high standard to provide spacious holiday accommodation that is ideal for families or couples looking for a romantic getaway. It can also accommodate parties of up to six in three bedrooms.
Just a short drive away (under five minutes) is the market town of Stow on the Wold with its interesting shops, galleries and antiques, along with many bistros and fine inns where you can enjoy a meal. There are numerous places to visit within the area including: Sudeley Castle at Winchcombe (steeped in history and the former home of Queen Katherine Parr); historical Blenheim Palace at Woodstock; Adam Henderson's Cotswolds Farm Park for a unique experience; the Cotswold Wildlife Park at Burford (great for not only the kids but also garden enthusiasts with beautifully landscaped parkland and gardens); Chedworth Roman Villa at Northleach and Stratford-upon-Avon, the birthplace of Shakespeare and home to the Royal Shakespeare Theatre, Anne Hathaway’s Cottage, Harvard House and Hall Croft (Shakespeare's birth place).
If you enjoy walking, you won’t be disappointed with plenty of walks to choose from. Explore the North Cotswold’s Outliers Hills close to Winchcombe or parts of the North Cotswold’s Diamond Way which runs for sixty miles. Alternatively, bring your bike (or hire one) and explore the beautiful Cotswold Villages.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
Honey Suckle Cottage Continued
Honeysuckle Cottage is a pretty cottage with accommodation spread over three floors as follows:
- Spacious lounge with feature stone fireplace housing a wood burner, two and three-seater leather sofa, digital terrestrial television and DVD player. The pretty window looks out across the garden.
- Kitchen/breakfast room (off the lounge) with dining table, seating for six (with an additional child’s chair), Elm wood floor, granite work tops, four ring hob, oven, extractor fan, dishwasher, washer/dryer, fridge (with freezer compartment) and plenty of cooking implements.
- From the lounge stairs lead up to...
- The first bedroom which is light and airy with views over the garden and Cotswolds countryside beyond
- Second bedroom with double bed and en-suite shower room.
- Family bathroom with bath (mix taps and spray attachments), WC and wash basin.
- Stairs from the landing go up to the second floor with a twin bedroom looking out over the garden.
Outside: The pretty garden provides haven for relaxation and is ideal for alfresco dining (garden furniture and BBQ provided).
Additional information: Honeysuckle Cottage and Earby House (see owners website or separate advert) are located next door to each other and can be rented together to accommodate larger parties of up to fourteen. Together they are an ideal venue to host a celebration for family or friends.
Low Season from £490
Mid Season from £590
High Season from £650
Peak Season £690
Pets: Yes, 1 dog
Changeover Day: Friday
Paypal, Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 6 people in 3 bedrooms (2 Doubles, 1 Twin)
Owner: Anna Fern click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Honey Suckle Cottage joined Independent Cottages in April 2010
Owner's Other Properties
£10 booking fee Mid week special 4 nights for the price of 3
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 27th February 2015