Honey Suckle Cottage - Self catering holiday cottage, Lower Oddington, Nr Stow-on-the-Wold, Gloucestershire, The Cotswolds, England - Sleeps 6
Honeysuckle Cottage is ideally situated within the lovely village of Oddington, in the heart of the Cotswolds. Oddington has two superb pubs serving excellent food within walking distance of the cottage and an 11th Century Norman church.
This charming holiday cottage has been furnished and equipped to a high standard to provide spacious holiday accommodation that is ideal for families or couples looking for a romantic getaway. It can also accommodate parties of up to six in three bedrooms.
The popular market town of Stow on the Wold is just a five minute drive with its interesting shops, antiques and galleries, along with a great choice of traditional inns and bistros. Within the area there are plenty of places to visit, including Blenheim Palace at Woodstock and Sudeley Castle at Winchcombe, which was once the home to Queen Katherine Parr and is steeped in History.
For a unique experience, treat the family to a day at the Cotswolds Farm Park at Guiting Power and the Cotswold Wildlife Park at Burford, which will also appeal to garden enthusiasts with its spectacular gardens and one hundred and twenty acres of landscaped parkland.
Visit the famous Shakespeare Houses in Stratford, including Harvard House, Mary Arden’s House, Anne Hathaway’s Cottage and Shakespeare’s Birthplace, Hall Croft, along with the finest Romano-British villa in the country - Chedworth Roman Villa at Northleach.
For those who enjoy walking, there are plenty of great walks to choose from. Why not venture up the North Cotswold’s Outliers Hills near Winchcombe, explore parts of the sixty mile North Cotswold’s Diamond Way or discover the Seven Springs near Coberley. Alternatively, if you enjoy cycling, hire a bike from Cotswolds Country Cycles at Chipping Campden and explore the many pretty Cotswolds villages and towns.
- Log Burner
- Near Pub/Restaurant
- Garden/Outside Area
- Internet Access
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
Honeysuckle Cottage is a very pretty holiday cottage with its accommodation spread over three floors as follows:
- Downstairs there is a spacious lounge which has a feature stone fireplace housing a wood burning stove and stone hearth with pretty window looking out across the garden. After an exciting day exploring the Cotswolds, you can unwind on the two and three-seater leather sofa and enjoy watching the digital terrestrial television and DVD.
- Just off the lounge is a kitchen breakfast room with dining table, seating six with an additional child’s chair. The superb modern fitted kitchen with Elm wood floor has granite work surfaces, four ring hob, oven and extractor fan, washer/Dryer, fridge with freezer compartment, dishwasher and a full range of excellent cooking implements.
- From the lounge stairs rise to the first floor landing where there are three spacious bedrooms which have crisp cotton bed linen and have been accessorized with The White Company accessories and Laura Ashley fabrics.
- The wonderful cottage feel landing has wooden doors with iron latches and one leads to a double bedroom which has a delightful window overlooking the pretty front garden and far reaching views of the Cotswolds countryside.
- Another door from the landing leads to a newly appointed family bathroom comprising bath with mix taps and spray attachments, WC and wash basin.
- The third door leads to a second delightfully designed bedroom with a double bed and newly fitted en-suite shower room.
- From the landing, stairs go to the second floor where there is the third bedroom with two single beds and window to the front garden with far reaching views.
- The lovely garden provides a perfect haven for relaxing where you can enjoy al-fresco dining with garden table and chairs and a barbecue.
Additional information: Honeysuckle Cottage and Earby House (see owners website or separate advert) are located next door to each other and can be rented together to accommodate larger parties of up to fourteen. Together they are an ideal venue to host a celebration for family or friends.
Low Season from £490
Mid Season from £590
High Season from £650
Peak Season £720
Pets: Yes, 1 dog
Changeover Day: Friday
Paypal, Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 6 people in 3 bedrooms (2 Doubles, 1 Twin)
Owner: Anna Fern click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Honey Suckle Cottage joined Independent Cottages in April 2010