The Cottage - Self catering holiday cottage in Broadwell, Nr Stow-on-the-Wold, Gloucestershire, The Cotswolds, England - Sleeps 6
'The Cottage' is a fantastic detached holiday cottage that sleeps six guests in four bedrooms and sits in itís own lovely private garden. Slightly separate from the other barns, The Cottage is the 'jewel' in Sydenham Farm Cottages crown. It has a wonderful relaxing feel with its luxurious internal colour scheme of off whites and soft greys, complimented by luxurious velvet curtains, linen blinds and a lovely mix of contemporary and antique furniture combined with modern art.
One of five holiday barns located on a non-working farm, The Cottage sits between the pretty Cotswolds villages of Oddington (just over one mile) and Broadwell (one mile). It is also a short distance from Stow-on-the-Wold, a popular historic market town.
Located in the heart of the Cotswolds, The Cottage offers a truly peaceful retreat which sits amongst beautiful countryside. Accessed along a sweeping driveway, there is plenty of room for children to play and plenty of parking available. This is a perfect base for exploring the Cotswolds, be it by foot, bike or car. The popular historic market town of Stow-on-the-Wold is a short drive away and offers a good choice of independent shops, restaurants, pubs, bistros, butcher, deli, fashion boutiques, organic shop, bakers, chocolate shop and a Tesco just outside the town. Some of the prettiest 'chocolate box' villages in the country are just a short drive away including Bledington, Kingham, Bourton-on-the-Water, The Slaughters, The Swells, Chipping Campden and Broadway.
Slightly further afield, but within an hour, are Cheltenham and Oxford where you can take in some culture with the literary and jazz festivals, a live screening of opera from New York or a theatre production. The beautiful City of Bath is also a fantastic day out, with its Roman Spa Thermae and stunning architecture, as is a day's adventure starting with coffee in Cirencester, lunch and a stroll around Tetbury and then a visit to Westonbirt Arboretum. Stratford-upon-Avon is forty minutes with its great restaurants, shops and the Shakespeare theatre. There are also plenty of beautiful National Trust properties and gardens including Blenheim Palace, Sudely Castle, Hidcote Manor, Snowshill Manor, Chastleton House, Sherborne Estate and many more!
- Open Fire
- Near Pub/Restaurant
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Internet Access
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- Front door that leads into the sunny hall where there is plenty of space for buggies. Alternatively come through the side door into the utility area with sink and washer drier, where you can take off muddy boots and hang coats to dry.
- Gorgeous kitchen with shaker style units, solid wood worktop, butlers sink with large window above providing views over the back garden. There is a range cooker, dishwasher and large fridge/freezer. The kitchen leads into...
- Main living area with a bespoke table and chairs to seat ten or more guests. There is a church pew adding to the eclectic mix of furniture and sofas in front of the lovely open fire. French doors allow guests to look out over the garden and fields and there is a television with Freeview and a DVD player for guest's enjoyment.
- Downstairs WC.
- Light and airy twin bedroom with en-suite shower room and WC.
- Two single bedrooms.
- Double bedroom.
- Family bathroom with shower over bath, wash basin and WC.
Outside: The garden is a real feature to this cottage with room for children to run around. The Cottage has its own driveway with plenty of parking.
Low Season from £600
High Season from £950
Changeover Day: Flexible
Paypal, Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 6 people in 4 bedrooms (1 Double, 1 Twin and 2 Singles)
Owner: Lizzie Davis click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
The Cottage joined Independent Cottages in July 2012
Last Minute / Late Availability OffersFri, 31 May 2013 for 3 nights - £550
Lovely views & garden, ensuite, peaceful convenient locationMon, 3 Jun 2013 for 4 nights - £480
Lovely views & garden, ensuite, peaceful convenient location