Ashdene - Self catering holiday cottage, Severn Hampton, Lechlade, Gloucestershire, The Cotswolds, England - Sleeps 10-12
Ashdene sleeps up to twelve guests and is set on the doorstep of the Cotswolds and within easy reach of some of the most famous places in the country. Shakespeare Country at Stratford upon Avon, Bath the Roman City and Avebury the world famous stone circles, to name but a few - making this a place of interest for adults who want to explore the many attractions and for those who want to keep the children amused with every conceivable need for them on your doorstep.
Ashdene was originally two working cottages but today has been extended to provide modern clean first class holiday accommodation.
With its own enclosed swimming pool itís in a perfect location for a self catering holiday. It can sleep up to twelve guests in five bedrooms all with direct Wi-Fi access and plasmas televisions. There is also a cinema/entertainment room in a seperate building within the grounds which consists of seating for twelve guests, along with a quiz machine with a built in juke box, slush puppy maker, table tennis, snooker table, football table, pinball arcade, sweet machines, toys/games and a computer for guests needing access to the Internet.
The Cottage is furnished to a very high standard and offers two en-suite bedrooms, lovely inglenook fireplace for those cold winter months and grounds approaching half an acre.
On your doorstep is Roves farm a great place for children and adults where the children can enjoy the tractor rides, feeding the animals, the indoor play area, the Big Bale stack and much more. For those who enjoy golf, Wrag barn Golf Course in Highworth is just three miles away, Broome manor golf course is six miles and there are several in the local area.
Lechlade and Burford with many good pubs on the river are just six miles. Shakespeare country is twenty miles as is Longleat safari. Avebury and Stonehenge are within fifteen miles and the Roman city of Bath is forty five minutes and well worth a visit. There is a designer outlet shopping centre and an ice rink within six miles, and for those looking for excitement, you can try quad biking just two miles away.
- Swimming Pool
- Horse Riding Nearby
- Hot Tub
- Open Fire
- Near Pub/Restaurant
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Games Room
- Bike Storage
- Internet Access
- Golf Facilities Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Accessible via Public Transport
Accommodation and facilities:
- Kitchen with range cooker, American fridge/freezer, dishwasher, wine chiller and microwave.
- Open plan lounge/dining room/kitchen/study with balcony from the lounge area, DVD, flat screen television with freeview and inglenook fireplace providing a cosy environment during the winter months.
- All five bedrooms have televisions and a socket providing direct Internet access. Bedrooms one, two and five are located on the ground floor with the main bathroom. Bedroom one has an en-suite, bedroom two is a family room with two single beds and bunk beds, bedroom five is a double room with a double bed.
- Upstairs can be found bedroom three with a double bed and en-suite facilities, and bedroom four with two single beds.
- Utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Family bathroom with separate corner shower in addition to bath, toilet and sink.
- Cinema/entertainment room (in separate building) with seating for twelve guests, quiz machine with a built in juke box, slush puppy maker, table tennis, snooker table, football table, pinball arcade, sweet machines, toys/games and a computer for guests needing access to the Internet.
Outside: The swimming pool is heated all year round, garden furniture is included and barbecue and charcoal are provided. Swimming pool is for your sole use and is approx 12 x 5 metres.
Additional information: Towels and bedlinen are included. Pets are very welcome at Ashdene, however, no dogs under twelve months please and only two dogs at any one time (a charge of £35 per dog will be applied). Welcome tray, first basket of logs, Gas/electricity and tea towels provided.
Access: The property is suitable for wheel chair users because of the extra wide doors and three bedrooms being on the ground floor and the main bathroom. Please discuss your personal requirements with the owner to ensure the cottage meets your needs both inside and out before booking.
Low Season from £2600
Mid Season from £2800
High Season from £3400
Peak Season £3800
Pets: Enquire with owner
Changeover Day: Flexible
Paypal, Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 10-12 people in 5 bedrooms (1 King size room, 2 Doubles, 1 Twin & 1 Family rm with bunk beds and twin beds)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Yes
All female groups: Yes
Catering Available: Yes
Owner: Mr Joyce click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Ashdene joined Independent Cottages in Sep 2009
Last Minute / Late Availability OffersFri, 6 Dec 2013 for 2 nights - £1250
Max 12 people