Post Box Cottage - Self catering holiday cottage, Upper Dowdeswell, Andoversford, Gloucestershire, The Cotswolds, England - Sleeps 4
Post Box Cottage is one of three, charming period Cotswold stone cottages, perfectly placed in the pretty little hamlet of Upper Dowdeswell within the Cotswolds. The cottage has recently undergone extensive renovation to provide a high standard of holiday accommodation that is suitable for four guest (plus facilities for babies).
This perfect 'get-away' country retreat has footpaths and bridleways directly adjacent to it and spectacular views all around, making it ideal for those who enjoy walking or cycling. It is also an excellent and cosy base for touring the Cotswolds with its many attractions including: Regency Cheltenham (known for its National Hunt Racing); Stratford-upon-Avon (Shakespeare's birthplace); Stow-on-the-Wold; The Slaughters; Burford and countless pretty villages all within easy reach.
With many sporting, music/art festivals and summer fetes, along with traditional and gastro pubs serving locally sourced food, with roaring log fires, this is an ideal place for a break at any time of the year!
Upon arrival you will be greeted with homemade cake, tea/coffee, milk, fresh flowers and a daily paper, enabling you to recover from your travel and start your holiday refreshed.
- Near Pub/Restaurant
- iPod Docking
- Internet Access
- Kingsize Bed
- Upon entering the cottage you will find an open plan, oak beamed living / dining room with inglenook fireplace, stone floor and comfortable window, allowing you to sit and take in the views of the lane. There is Freeview television, iPod and phone docking unit with clock / radio.
- Fully fitted beamed kitchen beyond the living room with ornate stone window and Belfast sink.
- An oak door with iron latch leads you through to the short spiral staircase leading up to the...
- Bathroom with over bath shower and toilet.
- Twin bedroom with two waxed pine single beds, side cabinets, cupboard with hanging space and low window.
- Another short set of spiral stairs take you up to the beamed attic room with king-size pine bed, crisp linen, chest of drawers, hanging area and low window to take in the beautiful views.
Outside: At the front of the cottage there is ample parking on the road. The cottage has no garden apart from the area at the front which is planted with traditional cottage garden flowers - you will probably find yourself leaving the front door open onto the lane so you can bring the outside in and enjoy the views of the surrounding area and fields.
Additional information: The electricity, heating, bed linen and towels are included in the rental, as are the broadband and Wi-Fi connection. No smoking please in the property.
Low Season from £420
Mid Season from £475
High Season from £485
Peak Season £550
Changeover Day: Flexible
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 4 people in 2 bedrooms (1 King & 1 Twin)
Owner: Nicola Charlesworth click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Post Box Cottage joined Independent Cottages in Aug 2012