Pear Tree Cottage - Self catering holiday cottage in Upper Oddington, Nr Stow-on-the-Wold, Gloucestershire, The Cotswolds, England - Sleeps 8
Pear Tree Cottage is a fantastic contemporary holiday home of an exceptionally high standard that sleeps eight guests in four luxurious bedrooms with four shower/bathrooms. It is incredibly private and tucked away in a peaceful position with gated sweeping driveway.
There is a superb spacious luxury kitchen and living area which is ideal for entertaining, with an additional sitting room and study for relaxing and watching Sky Movies. The house is exquisitely furnished and a huge amount of care and passionate attention has been paid to every last little detail throughout.
The outside area is truly fantastic, where groups of friends and family can relax and entertain at any time of the year. It is one of the many talking points of the house with the bar area providing the perfect place for sipping champagne under the heaters on chilly nights; enjoying a barbecue in the summer sunshine or sharing a romantic moment gazing at the stars of a night whilst tucked up on a lounger in front of the incredible outside gas fire.
Oddington is a desirable village in the heart of the Cotswolds near to the historic market town of Stow-on-the-Wold. It has two fantastic pubs in walking distance of Pear Tree Cottage serving excellent food, namely The Horse and Groom within a minute or two's walk and The Fox at the opposite end of the village. Daylesford Organic farm shop, café and spa is nearby and there is a lovely walk through the village, taking you past the 11th Century church and beyond to the fields of Daylesford Estate and the farm shop and café (this is also a great bike ride). There are also many other lovely walks to enjoy locally through surrounding countryside and plenty of outdoor activities to enjoy including horse riding, golf and clay pigeon shooting.
The Cotswolds are popular all year round and renowned for beautiful rolling countryside, criss crossed with drystone walls and dotted with sleepy quintessentially English villages. There are so many lovely places to explore and plenty of attractions including historic towns with incredible architecture; magnificent houses and wonderful gardens.
Idyllic towns and villages such as Bibury, Stow-on-the-Wold, Chipping Campden and Bourton-on-the Water are just a short drive away and a little further afield you have the Roman City of Bath, Oxford, Stratford-upon-Avon and Cheltenham - all just waiting to be explored.
Short breaks (two night minimum) available all year.
- Open Fire
- Log Burner
- Near Pub/Restaurant
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Internet Access
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Incredible kitchen with granite surfaces, ideal for cooking and entertaining with large stove including six gas burners and three ovens, American fridge freezer with ice maker and cold water, microwave/oven, separate wine fridge for red and white wine, coffee machine and large oak table with plenty of seating. There is also an open fire adding to the ambience and huge sliding doors leading out to the terrace where you can light the outside fire and enjoy pre dinner drinks.
- Snug area just off the kitchen with sumptuous corner sofa opposite another open fire - a great place to relax with the paper and morning coffee.
- Back door located in another area off the kitchen where you will also find the boot room, utility and downstairs WC.
- Dual aspect sitting room providing a cosy place for a catch up or to watch a movie. An open fire, sofas, arm chair, chaise longue, full Sky television and Wii (with a few games) ensure guests enjoyment. This room leads through to...
- The Study - a lovely calming reading room with large luxurious velvet sofa and soft hues. Wonderfully light due to the French doors leading to the terrace area, this room has wood burning stove providing the perfect place to escape too with a good book. The BT wireless hub is located here along with a desk should you need to check emails or work.
- Sunrise - the master bedroom is located on the first floor and is an incredibly special and spacious room which is full of character with fire place and fantastic mirror over. There is a large television tucked away in the fitted wardrobes and large sliding door leads to the wonderfully appointed en-suite with large double ended bath, huge shower area, WC and wash basin. The attention to detail is incredible!
- Oldfield - the second bedroom is an elegant room with a colonial feel on the first floor. Lovely and light, this room affords views over the garden and beyond towards Addlestrop hill and has beautiful bedside tables, a pretty fireplace and large lamps, making it a relaxing room. There is an iPod docking station if you want some soft music. This room has the sole use of a bathroom just along the corridor opposite the master suite with double ended bath, separate shower cubicle, WC and wash basin.
- Chaceley Green - the third bedroom which is full of character in the original and oldest part of the house. A wonderfully calming room of generous size with two single beds that can be made up as a super king if required. There is iPod docking and an en-suite wet room located up a few steps with shower, WC and wash basin.
- Parsonage - the fourth bedroom located in the eaves on the second floor (accessed by an oak staircase). There are twin beds which can again be made up as a super king, oak furniture and a large television with Sky channels. The views are over the garden and beyond to Addlestrop hill and this is a lovely peaceful bedroom with en-suite shower room with WC and wash basin.
Outside: There is a large lawn and also a goal post and trampoline for those feeling energetic! There is a terraced area located down a few steps to the left of the house with table and chairs - a peaceful spot for relaxing with a little brook running through the garden. The main terrace area can be accessed from the kitchen and snug area and there is a bar area with two butlers sinks, large stainless drinks cooler which can be filled with ice and umbrella with individual heaters attached to make sure you are warm enough. There is also a good sized gas barbecue and a fold-and-roll-away table tennis table.
Additional information: It is possible to arrange for a cook to come in and prepare meals. There are towels and robes in every bedroom. Unfortunately pets cannot be accepted. A concierge service is offered so you can arrive to a fridge full of Daylesford goodies and a stocked wine fridge.
Low Season from £2500
High Season from £2850
Peak Season £4000
Changeover Day: Flexible
Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 8 people in 4 bedrooms (2 Kings & 2 Twins/Super-Kings)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Please enquire with owner
Catering Available: Yes
Owner: Lizzie Davis click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Pear Tree Cottage joined Independent Cottages in Jan 2012
Last Minute / Late Availability OffersFri, 24 May 2013 for 3 nights - £3000
Truly exceptional! Great Entertaining space