Earby House (Cottage) - Self catering holiday cottage, Lower Oddington, Nr Stow-on-the-Wold, Gloucestershire, The Cotswolds, England - Sleeps 8
Earby House is perfectly placed within the pretty village of Oddington with its two excellent pubs serving fantastic food and 11th Century Norman church.
This delightful holiday cottage has been luxuriously furnished and equipped to provide a spacious retreat for families or a romantic getaway for couples and can accommodate parties of up to eight guests in four bedrooms.
Just a short drive away (under five minutes) is the market town of Stow on the Wold with its interesting shops, galleries and antiques, along with many bistros and fine inns where you can enjoy a meal. There are numerous places to visit within the area including Sudeley Castle at Winchcombe, which is steeped in History and was once the home to Queen Katherine Parr and also the historical Blenheim Palace at Woodstock.
The whole family can enjoy a unique experience at the Cotswolds Farm Park at Guiting Power and also the Cotswold Wildlife Park at Burford, which is not only great for the children but also garden enthusiasts with 120 acres of beautifully landscaped parkland and gardens which are spectacular.
Visit Chedworth Roman Villa at Northleach, the finest Romano-British villa in Britain and the famous Shakespeare Houses in Stratford, which include Anne Hathaway’s Cottage, Harvard House, Mary Arden’s House and Shakespeare’s Birthplace, Hall Croft.
If you enjoy walking, you won’t be disappointed with plenty of walks to choose from. You could venture up the North Cotswold’s Outliers Hills near Winchcombe, explore parts of the 60 mile North Cotswold’s Diamond Way or discover the beautiful Seven Springs near Coberley. Alternatively, explore the beautiful Cotswolds Villages by bike (these can be hired at Chipping Campden).
- Open Fire
- Near Pub/Restaurant
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Internet Access
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Large modern fitted kitchen with Elm wood floor which is located off the hall. The kitchen offers four ring hob and extractor fan, oven, microwave, dishwasher, fridge and freezer and a full range of excellent cooking implements.
- Off the kitchen is a utility room with a washer and separate clothes drying.
- Steps from the kitchen lead to a small walled patio area with table and chairs for six. This area offers an excellent area for alfresco dining.
- Also from the kitchen are stairs down to the cellar which offers a quirky inside ‘garden themed’ retreat for the children which has seating for five, television and traditional board games for those wet day's.
- From the hall, stairs rise to the first floor where there are four spacious bedrooms.
- The master bedroom offers a king size four poster bed and en-suite with shower and toilet. This stunning bedroom offers a romantic hide away with its four poster bed, crisp white bed linen and exotic purple soft furnishings and a television/DVD.
- Bedroom two with king size bed with white bed linen - this delightful room is complimented with pastel green soft furnishing and cream painted pine wardrobes and bedroom furniture.
- Bedroom three offers two single beds with white bed linen, pine bedroom furniture and splashes of poppy red soft furnishings.
- Bedroom four has a single bed (+ pull out extra mattress) and pine bedroom furniture and soft furnishings in soft subtle beige tones.
- The roomy first floor accommodation has an airy family bathroom with a large bath, toilet, sink and separate shower.
- There is also a Wellness room with a Sauna and Whirlpool Spa Bath, a perfect place to relax with Champagne for those special occasions.
Additional information: There is a parking space. High chair available.
Photos: The last three photos show the surrounding area: Bourton on the Water, Burford and Broadway Tower.
Low Season from £590
Mid Season from £690
High Season from £790
Peak Season £890
Pets: Yes, 2 dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Flexible
Paypal, Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 8 people in 4 bedrooms (2 Doubles, 2 Twins)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Yes
Catering Available: Yes
Owner: Anna Fern click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Earby House (Cottage) joined Independent Cottages in Sep 2009