Plum Tree Cottage - Self catering holiday cottage in Lechlade, Gloucestershire, The Cotswolds, England - Sleeps 3
Plum Tree Cottage is a picturesque early 19th Century holiday cottage that is located in the small attractive riverside market town of Lechlade, in the south of the Cotswolds.
Available for long weekends and weekly lets, Plum Tree Cottage accommodates up to three guests and is equally suitable for couples looking for a break away or small families looking for a holiday in this lovely part of the country.
Built of mellow Cotswold stone with a stone tiled roof, the cottage has a pretty garden for relaxing in during the warmer months and it has been awarded 4 Stars by VisitBritain. Internally, it boasts new, high quality, furnishings and fittings and the interior has a light and contemporary look and feel.
Located in a quiet position, just a few minutes stroll to the centre of Lechlade, there are a good selection of pubs, restaurants and shops for guests to browse and enjoy. Lechlade is also an ideal location from which to explore the many delights of the Cotswolds, whether by car, foot or bicycle.
Plum Tree Cottage provides a delightful place to stay at any time of the year and there are plenty of things to see and do both locally and in the wider area. Lechlade is situated on the highest navigable point of the river Thames and there are boat trips and riverside walks to enjoy. The historic towns of Stow-on-the-Wold, Burford, Woodstock and Cirencester are all within easy reach, as are Oxford and Cheltenham (apx twenty five miles).
Whether you are looking for a base from which to explore the Cotswolds' or a holiday cottage where you can relax and enjoy nice walks and meals out locally, Plum Tree Cottage has much to offer.
- Log Burner
- Near Pub/Restaurant
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Bike Storage
- Internet Access
- Golf Facilities Nearby
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Accessible via Public Transport
Plum Tree Cottage accommodates up to three guests and is ideal for a short break or longer holiday. Many little extras have been provided to make your stay enjoyable and comfortable including a well stocked convenience cupboard with useful items such as tea, coffee, sugar, milk, olive oil, dishwasher tablets, washing up liquid, kitchen foil and many other little extras to save you bringing too much with you.
You will find a selection of herbs in the garden for you to use and the cottage enjoys full gas central heating and has the added benefit of a fully functional multi-fuel stove in the lounge - perfect for relaxing in front of on those more chilly nights!
- Lounge area with Laura Ashley furnishings, pine and oak occasional tables and cupboards, beamed ceiling, polished stone floor and rug, flat screen Digital television (with Freeview channels), DAB digital radio, DVD player, selection of DVDs and a coal/wood burning stove (logs provided). A range of books are also provided and there is wi-fi broadband service.
- Dining area with table and chairs.
- Fully equipped kitchen with electric hob and oven, dishwasher, microwave oven, toaster and fridge with freezer compartment.
- Two bedrooms which both have polished wooden floors and rugs. Both bedrooms have beamed and vaulted ceilings and each room overlooks the pretty garden. Bedroom one has a double bed with oak furniture. Bedroom two has a single bed with pine furniture.
- Light and airy bathroom boasting a new, white, suite with chrome fittings. Bath with shower over, luxury bath towels (sheets) and hand towels are provided at no extra cost. The bathroom is situated on the first floor, adjacent to the bedrooms.
- There is a large room suitable for storing bicycles and walking gear with a clothes drying rack, washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Separate room with additional toilet and hand wash basin.
Garden: There is a pretty cottage garden with herbaceous borders, mature shrubs and a plum tree. Climbing roses dress the front of the cottage and a variety of birds are attracted into the garden to feed from the bird feeders. Garden table and chairs are provided and there are a selection of growing herbs, all providing the perfect place for relaxing and enjoying a glass of wine or alfresco dining at the end of an exciting day exploring the area.
Additional information: Short breaks and long lets during winter offered. Unfortunately no pets and no smoking.
Low Season from £325
Mid Season from £365
High Season from £415
Peak Season £415
Star Rating: 4 Star
Changeover Day: Friday
Paypal, Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 3 people in 2 bedrooms (1 Double, 1 Single)
Owner: Janet Williams click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Plum Tree Cottage joined Independent Cottages in March 2010