Earby House (Cottage) - Lower Oddington, Nr Stow-on-the-Wold, Gloucestershire, The Cotswolds, England - Sleeps 8
Earby House is perfectly placed within the pretty village of Oddington with its two excellent pubs serving fantastic food and 11th Century Norman church.
This delightful holiday cottage has been luxuriously furnished and equipped to provide a spacious retreat for families or a romantic getaway for couples and can accommodate parties of up to eight guests in four bedrooms.
Just a short drive away (under five minutes) is the market town of Stow on the Wold with its interesting shops, galleries and antiques, along with many bistros and fine inns where you can enjoy a meal. There are numerous places to visit within the area including: Sudeley Castle at Winchcombe (steeped in history and the former home of Queen Katherine Parr); historical Blenheim Palace at Woodstock; Adam Henderson's Cotswolds Farm Park for a unique experience; the Cotswold Wildlife Park at Burford (great for not only the kids but also garden enthusiasts with beautifully landscaped parkland and gardens); Chedworth Roman Villa at Northleach and Stratford-upon-Avon, the birthplace of Shakespeare and home to the Royal Shakespeare Theatre, Anne Hathaway’s Cottage, Harvard House and Hall Croft (Shakespeare's birth place).
If you enjoy walking, you won’t be disappointed with plenty of walks to choose from. Explore the North Cotswold’s Outliers Hills close to Winchcombe or parts of the North Cotswold’s Diamond Way which runs for sixty miles. Alternatively, bring your bike (or hire one) and explore the beautiful Cotswold Villages.
- Internet Access
- Open Fire
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
Earby House (Cottage) Continued
- Large modern kitchen off the hall with Elm wood floor, four ring hob, extractor fan, oven, dishwasher, microwave, fridge and freezer. Off the kitchen is...
- Utility room with a washing machine and separate clothes drying.
- Steps from the kitchen take you to a small walled patio with garden furniture seating six - an excellent place for alfresco dining.
- The cellar is also accessed via stairs from the kitchen offering a quirky retreat for the younger ones withseating for five, TV and good old fashioned board games.
- Master bedroom with king-size four poster bed, television/DVD and en-suite with shower room.
- Second king-size bedroom which is complimented by pastel colours with painted pine wardrobes and bedroom furniture.
- Twin bedroom with pine bedroom furniture and splashes of red soft furnishings.
- Bedroom with single bed (plus an extra pull out mattress), pine bedroom furniture and soft beige coloured furnishings.
- Family bathroom with large bath, WC, wash basin and separate shower.
- Wellness room with a sauna and Whirlpool bath - a soothing place to relax with a glass of Champagne.
Additional information: There is a parking space. High chair available.
Low Season from £690
Mid Season from £790
High Season from £890
Peak Season £990
Pets: Yes, 2 dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Flexible
Paypal, Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 8 people in 4 bedrooms (2 Doubles, 2 Twins)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Yes
Catering Available: No
Owner: Anna Fern click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Earby House (Cottage) joined Independent Cottages in Sep 2009
Owner's Other Properties
Prices shown are for 6 people- extra charge of £100 for 7/8 people. £10 booking fee Mid week special 4 nights for the price of 3
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 27th April 2015