Cotswold Yurts at Westley Farm - Chalford, Stroud, Gloucestershire, The Cotswolds, England - Sleeps 3
Westley farm not only offers self catering holiday cottages but it also offers three Turkoman style yurt tents for rent in 'the diddlydumps'.
Each yurt sits on a wooden platform on the edge of its own secluded glade, with a deck from which you can watch the wildlife or gaze out across the Golden Valley.
The yurts provide the perfect place to be at one with nature and escape the pressures of every day life. Each yurt has a private compost toilet and field kitchen. There is a shared kitchen and showers in the barn. Lifts to and from local stations are also available and you are able to pick up/drop off hired bikes at the farm.
Westley Farm is a mosaic of flower-rich hay meadows, ancient woodlands and steep banks of limestone grassland covering seventy five acres along the Golden Valley in the Cotswolds. The owners value their natural environment and manage the land sensitively to encourage wildlife habitats. Here you may see buzzards, foxes, badgers, rabbits and deer as well as sheep, cattle and hens on the farm.
With a choice of good pubs within easy walking distance, space to dry wet clothing and a wood burner to come home to, the yurts are the perfect place to spend a holiday enjoying the simple things in life. Walk in the woods, lie in a meadow, enjoy a picnic or join in with guided walks and courses taking place on the farm and nearby. Sitting on the deck immersed in glorious countryside, or snuggled up by the fire in the evening, you may wonder why anyone bothers to go anywhere else...
There are plenty of things to do both on the farm and nearby. Activities available nearby include gliding and microlight flights, hang-gliding, horse riding, golf, watersports and visits to the studios and workshops of local artists and craftsmen. There are excellent local produce markets in Stroud, Tetbury, Cirencester and Minchinhampton. This year on the farm, we can offer courses in foraging and bushcraft, butterfly walks, picnic treks with the donkeys, fungus forays, owl prowls and community events like apple juicing at various times over the year. Contact the owners for further details.
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
Cotswold Yurts at Westley Farm Continued
- There are a combination of wooden beds and sofa beds to sleep on.
- Your beds are made for you - linen is included in the price.
- Each of the 16’ diameter yurts sleep up to three adults. There are sofa beds, chests, blanket boxes and shelves for storage, lighting by tea light lanterns and solar powered fairy lights and torches are provided in the barn for you to borrow during your stay. A wood-burning stove keeps your yurt comfortably warm and the owners supply the first basket of logs for free.
- Towels for hire from the farm if needed.
- You can cook on the gas rings in the little field kitchen adjoining your deck, on your barbecue, or in the communal kitchen in the barn.
- Each yurt has it's own compost toilet and there is a flush loo in the old barn for the less adventurous - but the view doesn't compare!
- In the 'loo house' you'll find a jug & bowl for washing hands, or even washing yourself for the more hardy!. Alternatively, there are lovely warm showers in the barn.
- The yurts, camp kitchens and compost loos were made by friends on the farm. They are on hand to help you get to grips with out-door life should you need them and will show you around when you arrive and be ‘on call’ on your first morning (Arrivals are Friday and Monday).
- A cot and high chair are available for hire.
- Shared Facilities in the Old Barn include: - fully equipped kitchen, washing machine, tumble dryer, drying rack, flushing toilet, showers, maps/local information leaflets, books and games to borrow. There is an outdoor washing line in the vegetable garden and surplus vegetables may be available for sale from the organic garden.
- The owners can collect you from the nearest station and cycles are available for hire. If you do bring a car, there is a car parking field and wheel barrows to get your bags down to the yurts.
- The season runs from May to October.
Changeover days are Fridays and Mondays.
Mid Season from £380
High Season from £480
Changeover Day: Flexible
Please enquire with owner
Sleeps 3 people in 1 bedroom (Combination of solid wooden beds & sofa beds to sleep on)