Ashdene - Severn Hampton, Lechlade, Gloucestershire, The Cotswolds, England - Sleeps 10-12
Ashdene sleeps up to twelve guests and is situated on the outskirts of the Cotswolds, within easy reach of a number of the country's most famous places. Shakespeare Country at Stratford upon Avon, Bath and Avebury the world famous stone circles, to name just a few - making this a place of interest for all ages with attractions for adults and plenty of great days out for the little ones on the doorstep.
Ashdene was originally two working cottages but today has been extended and converted into stylish modern self-catering accommodation of a high standard. It has a private enclosed indoor swimming pool and is ideal for large groups with five bedrooms (two which are en-suite) all with direct Wi-Fi access and plasma televisions. There is also a cinema/entertainment room in a seperate building within the grounds which consists of seating for twelve guests, along with a quiz machine with a built in juke box, table tennis, snooker table, football table, pinball arcade, sweet machines and toys/games.
The Cottage is furnished to a very high standard and is ideal all year round with an inglenook fireplace for an open fire during the cooler months and extensive grounds (apx half an acre) for relaxing during the summer.
Roves Farm is a short walk away and on the doorstep providing a fantastic place to visit for both the children and adults where you can enjoy a ride on a tractor, feeding the animals, the indoor play area and so much more. For those who enjoy golf, Wrag barn Golf Course in Highworth is just three miles away, Broome manor golf course is six miles and there are several in the local area.
Lechlade and Burford with many good pubs on the river are just six miles. Shakespeare country is twenty miles as is Longleat safari. Avebury and Stonehenge are within fifteen miles and the Roman city of Bath is forty five minutes and well worth a visit. There is a designer outlet shopping centre and an ice rink within six miles, and for those looking for excitement, you can try quad biking just two miles away.
- Internet Access
- Swimming Pool
- Hot Tub
- Open Fire
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Games Room
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
- Accessible via Public Transport
Accommodation and facilities:
- Kitchen with range cooker, American fridge/freezer, dishwasher, wine chiller and microwave.
- Open plan lounge/dining room/kitchen/study with balcony from the lounge area, DVD, flat screen television with freeview and inglenook fireplace providing a cosy environment during the winter months.
- All five bedrooms have televisions and a socket providing direct Internet access. Bedrooms one, two and five are located on the ground floor with the main bathroom. Bedroom one has an en-suite, bedroom two is a family room with two single beds and bunk beds, bedroom five is a double room with a double bed.
- Upstairs can be found bedroom three with a double bed and en-suite facilities, and bedroom four with two single beds.
- Utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Family bathroom with separate corner shower in addition to bath, toilet and sink.
- Cinema/entertainment room (in separate building) with seating for twelve guests, quiz machine with a built in juke box, table tennis, air hockey, full size pool table, football table, pinball arcade, sweet machines, toys/games and a computer for guests needing access to the Internet.
Outside: The swimming pool is heated all year round, garden furniture is included and barbecue and charcoal are provided. Swimming pool is for your sole use and is approx 12 x 5 metres.
Additional information: Bed linen provided and included in the price - please bring your own towels. Pets are very welcome at Ashdene, however, no dogs under twelve months please and only two dogs at any one time (a charge of £35 per dog will be applied). Welcome tray, first basket of logs, Gas/electricity and tea towels provided. Please note that Christmas week is charged at £4000 and new year is £3500.
Access: The property is suitable for wheel chair users because of the extra wide doors and three bedrooms being on the ground floor and the main bathroom. Please discuss your personal requirements with the owner to ensure the cottage meets your needs both inside and out before booking.
Low Season from £2850
Mid Season from £3200
High Season from £3550
Peak Season £3800
Star Rating: 4 Star Gold
Pets: Enquire with owner
Changeover Day: Friday
Paypal, Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 10-12 people in 6 bedrooms (1 King, 2 Doubles, 1 Twin & 1 Family rm with bunk beds and twin beds)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Yes
All female groups: Yes
Catering Available: No
Owner: Mr Joyce click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Ashdene joined Independent Cottages in Sep 2009
Weekday booking 3 nights max 10 people £1000
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 23rd September 2015