Buddha Beach House - Self catering holiday cottage, Portwrinkle, South Cornwall, England - Sleeps 2-10
Buddha Beach House provides luxury holiday accommodation for two to ten guests, in a peaceful position with spectacular sea views, on the south coast of Cornwall. With incredible views across Whitsand Bay and towards the beautiful Rame Peninsula, this holiday home is ideal for couples wanting a peaceful luxury retreat or larger groups looking to enjoy a holiday together or celebrate a special occasion.
The beach house is located in an oasis away from the main village and set back from a small, historical harbour and rocky foreshore which leads to a large sandy beach. The local village offers a hotel (with indoor leisure club) and an eighteen hole (SSS 69) golf course, running partially along the coast. There is also a pub and local store/post office.
Whatever the weather, The Beach House can cater for your every need. It has fabulous hydrotherapy baths, steam showers, very large baths perfect for relaxing in for hours (and as much hot water as you can use!) and a television den with more SKY movie channels than you could ever need (along with numerous games). If this is not enough then simply relax in the hot tub (which is great in both good and bad weather) or meander along the beach.
For those who enjoy walking, there is six hundred and thirty miles of South West Coastal pathway to explore, providing some of the most spectacular views in England……. and then maybe after a long walk you could see the visiting masseuse to give you a wonderful Indian Head massage or an aromatherapy massage after you have relaxed your muscles in a steaming hot tub overlooking the sea.
The beach house is set in a forgotten part of Cornwall, which is not normally visited by the crowds. It provides a peaceful retreat, yet it is close enough to the general hustle and bustle of the main tourist attractions. The Eden Project and The Lost Gardens of Helegan are just thirty minutes away and the area offers numerous attractions to enjoy.
- Beach Nearby
- Log Burner
- Near Pub/Restaurant
- Garden/Outside Area
- Golf Facilities Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
Buddha Beach House comfortably accommodates parties of up to ten guests but is equally suitable for couples who will not rattle around due to the multiple level layout of the house. Every modern convenience is provided with wooden floors and under floor heating throughout, along with heated towel rails.
Lower Ground Floor:
- Games room and television den with large leather sofa, 42" television with Sky + HD, Sky Sports and Movies, DVD player, table football, Wi Sports console with selection of games and iPod docking music system. This room leads into downstairs toilet, laundry room and underground car park with two reserved parking spaces.
- Laundry room with washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Ground floor entrance with Travertine marble floors, handmade wooden doors from Africa and wonderful handmade bricks from Pakistan. Stone staircase to the first floor.
- Bedroom one - Master bedroom, with four poster oak bed and en-suite bathroom with walk in shower and hydrotherapy bath. French doors lead to the private walled courtyard.
- Bedroom two - Delightful Victorian double bedroom and en-suite providing slipper bath and large walk in shower.
- Bedroom three - Twin bedded guest room in Morrocan style.
- Bedroom four - Double bunk bedroom (sleeping four guests) with handmade full size single beds.
- Family bathroom with built in living aquarium wall above the bath, along with large walk in shower cubicle, with steam generator.
- The Beach House consists of a large open plan first floor living/dining/kitchen area with high timber beamed open gabled roof and high double glazed glass and timber walls, allowing guests to enjoy the sea views. French doors lead to the terrace which has a cedar hot tub.
- Living area - this very special area has almost 360 degree fantastic sea views, along with a suspended wood burning fireplace, Sky television (with sports and movies), home cinema system and Hi Fi.
- Dining area with handmade oak table and seating for ten guests.
- Kitchen area which again affords wonderful sea views which you can enjoy while you wash up! Fully fitted and equipped, the kitchen has large curved slate work top, fan assisted oven, microwave/grill/second oven, four ring electric hob, AEG Gas on glass wok, large fridge freezer with ice and cool water dispenser, dishwasher, water filter, waste disposal and ample china and general cooking utensils.
- First Floor Terrace - Sedum roof garden with wonderful open air eating area and large Cedar hot tub. With adjoining raised sun deck and spectacular views of the harbour, you are close enough to feel like you are sitting in the sea!
Outside: There are two reserved car parking spaces in the underground car park.
Low Season from £995
High Season from £2950
Pets: Yes, 1 dog
Changeover Day: Friday
Please enquire with owner
Sleeps 2-10 people in 4 bedrooms (1 Four poster, 1 Twin, 1 Double, 1 rm with 2 sets of bunk beds)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Please enquire with owner
Catering Available: No
Owner: Suze Versluys click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Buddha Beach House joined Independent Cottages in Nov 2010
Approximate Location of Buddha Beach House
The owner has requested that the exact location not be shown, please contact the owner for the precise location of Buddha Beach House