Barn Cottage - Self catering holiday cottage in Gulval, Penzance, South Cornwall, England - Sleeps 2-10
Barn Cottage is a comfortable four bedroom barn conversion that is located between St Ives and Penzance. Sleeping between two to ten guests, it is the largest of thirteen barns that sit in the lovely leafy Manor House grounds, overlooking Mounts Bay. Barn Cottage has a courtyard area to the front and enjoys views over open fields to the rear and has a large lawned area with patio.
During the months of April to October, guests have free use of the adjacent Manor House facilities including the heated indoor swimming pool, tennis courts, sauna, mini golf and children’s play area.
Marazion with its lovely clean sandy beaches and stunning views towards Land's Ends and the Lizard Peninsula is just over a mile away. Not only does it provide a safe environment for swimming but it is also popular with those who enjoy kitesurfing, windsurfing and sailing. It is well known for being the gateway to Saint Michael's Mount, an amazing island accessed by a causeway and often referred to as the 'jewel in Cornwall's crown'.
The historical market town of Penzance, which nestles in the heart of Mounts Bay, is only one and a half miles away. The town has plenty of traditions and a long standing history, combined with modern facilities, transport links (including links to the Isles of Scilly), pubs, restaurants and shops. St Ives is only five miles away and provides more wonderful beaches, restaurants, pubs and art galleries.
West Cornwall has a milder climate, making it an ideal place for a relaxing holiday at any time of the year and a good base for exploring Cornwall's many attractions.
- Swimming Pool
- Horse Riding Nearby
- Near Pub/Restaurant
- Garden/Outside Area
- Tennis Onsite
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Entrance hall and stairs up to the first floor.
- Twin bedroom with wardrobe and two single beds.
- Open plan lounge/dining area with television video/DVD player, CD player and coal effect stove electric fire.
- Dining area with seating for up to ten guests and French windows onto the patio and lawn area.
- Fully equipped kitchen with larder-fridge, freezer, microwave, electric cooker, dishwasher and washer-dryer. There is access to the garden from the kitchen via a stable door.
- Landing and staircase to second floor.
- Two bedrooms - one double with en-suite and one twin with two single beds - there are television in each bedroom.
- Family bathroom with separate power shower, WC and luxury roll top bath.
- Light, spacious family loft room with en-suite shower/toilet facilities. Fully carpeted and furnished with built-in wardrobes, one double and two single beds, television/DVD and sofa. There are two Velux windows offering views over surrounding countryside and farmland.
Additional information: The property is all electric with night storage heating. Electricity and bed linen are included in the price. There is adequate parking available. Dogs accepted by arrangement. Available all year round. Discounts for parties of six and less are available in low/mid seasons.
Low Season from £280
Mid Season from £450
High Season from £1100
Peak Season £1300
Star Rating: 4 Star
Changeover Day: Saturday
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 2-10 people in 4 bedrooms (1 Double, 2 Twins & a family room sleeping 4)
Group booking details:
Please note: Barn Cottage sleeps 2-10 people. The owner has 1 properties which, when booked together, can accommodate up to 10 guests. Dining capacity: 10 (Guests can be seated together for meals).
Contact owner for group prices
All male groups: No
All female groups: No
Catering Available: No
Owner: Barrie Hockley click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Barn Cottage joined Independent Cottages in Feb 2011
Last Minute / Late Availability OffersSat, 15 Jun 2013 for 7 nights - £550
Reductions available for smaller groupSat, 22 Jun 2013 for 7 nights - £550
Reductions available for smaller groups