Hay Riverside Retreats - Hay-on-Wye, Powys, The Brecon Beacons, Wales - Sleeps 5
Hay Riverside Retreats offers three luxury self catering riverside holiday homes that can each accommodate up to five guests. Each one is superbly located overlooking the River Wye and just one hundred metres from the heart of the historic border town of Hay on Wye within the Brecon Beacons National Park.
Each holiday home is identical and provides contemporary accommodation that is well-appointed and spacious, with each benefitting from having a balcony and decks close to and overlooking the magnificent River Wye in Mid Wales.
Available for either a long weekend, mid-week break, or indeed a longer stay, these stylish holiday getaways offer something a little different from your classic luxury holiday cottage. They have been cleverly designed to make the most of their proximity to the riverside, with glass walls and terrace windows offering uninterrupted and exceptional views of the river bank. Summer or winter, what ever the weather, this is an ideal holiday destination.
The historic Welsh market town of Hay on Wye on the England/Wales border is famous for its international literary festival and as a centre for second hand books. It is busy with visitors all year round exploring its scenic narrow streets, mediaeval castle, shops, restaurants and cafes - all within just a minutes stroll from Hay Riverside Retreats.
Riverside paths are found on both banks of the River Wye and are easily accessible for both leisurely strolls or more strenuous hikes. On a sunny day it is a “must” to take a stroll to The Warren and enjoy the shingle beach and swimming spots ideal for summer picnics or for walks throughout the year.
The riverside retreats are the perfect destination for couples, families and small groups of friends and offer luxury accommodation in a super location with added value of contemporary design and scenic town location.
- Internet Access
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Accessible via Public Transport
Hay Riverside Retreats Continued
The luxury self-catering riverside retreats are part of an exclusive new development which not only provides spectacular views over the river, but is also close to the centre of Hay on Wye with its restaurants, cafes, bookshops and galleries.
Each one has been designed and equipped to the same high specification except for the original works by local artists decorating each room.
Split across three floors, accommodation comprises:
- Ground floor kitchen which is beautifully designed for cooking and dining with the additional benefit of French doors leading onto a paved terrace with furniture for eating outside. The kitchen is well equipped with Gas hob and electric cooker, a full height fridge-freezer, dishwasher, washer-drier and glass dining table and seating for five guests. The secluded terrace adds to the sense of country luxury and is the perfect place to sit with a book and enjoy the sounds of the river. There is discrete lighting and terrace furniture for alfresco dining.
- Middle floor with a spacious living room overlooking the river with folding glass doors and a seventeen foot wide balcony. The living room offers quality seating, flatscreen television, DVD player, iPod docking station, original art works hanging from the walls and views to die for! Across a small hall is the wonderful master bedroom with kingsize bed and en-suit shower.
- Top floor has another large bedroom that can be configured with either a super king-sized bed or twin beds. Also on this floor are a single bedroom/study and a bath and shower room.
Additional information: There are lots of options for lighting, with lamps, spot light and wall lights with dimmers to suit all moods. Changeover day is Friday or Monday. Prices are inclusive of heating, linen, electricity and towels.
Please visit the owners website for up to date availability.
Low Season from £595
Mid Season from £685
High Season from £790
Peak Season £910
Pets: Yes, 1 dog
Changeover Day: Flexible
Please enquire with owner
Sleeps 5 people in 3 bedrooms (2 Kings that can also be made up as twins & 1 Single bedroom)
Approximate Location of Hay Riverside Retreats
Reviews and Testimonials for Hay Riverside Retreats
See 5 Star reviews on Trip Advisor and Flipkey - over 20 reviews
Everything in this beautifully appointed townhouse is top of the range from the deluxe beds with beautiful linens to the state of the art showers and kitchen. Original art on the walls, comfy leather sofas, cosy gas fireplace...Loved the deck suspended between the river's edge and the vast flowering chestnut trees.
A few steps further on - Hay on Wye with its surprisingly sophisticated shops, superb deli, bookshops and outstanding coffee & ice cream. Perfect for getting away from it all... 30 minutes away - The Stagg at Titley. Best meal I've had in years... Give yourself a treat - you'll be glad you did...
· By Ginger Jean from Fallbrook, Ontario, Canada on 5/19/2010 for a stay in 20 July 2010.
Hay Riverside (re) Treats
Just got back from a wonderful relaxing weekend stay at Hay Riverside Retreats. Having only seen photos of the property on-line, I didn't really know what to expect and I approached the red brick exterior with reservation - how could something so simple and functional offer the treats promised on-line? But as soon as I walked in, any uncertainty was removed. It was absolutely gorgeous and so much larger than I could have imagined from outside or on-line! Walking through the door, the amazing canopy of trees that line the river bank were glorious and I immediately opened up the French windows and walked onto the decking to take it all in. And the treats just kept coming! The attention to detail was remarkable - beautiful furniture, clever kitchen design, original art works, gorgeous bedding...all set within 3 floors of space and light. I could go on...but risk gushing too much. Sufficient to say it will be known to me as Hay Riverside (re) Treats!
By Ali from Cardiff. Wales on 19 July/2010